This Seafood Lasagna recipe is perfect for seafood lovers. So rich and creamy, this is not diet food, but a delicious seafood pasta recipe! Did I mention it's easy to make??
Campbell's Soup Can Recipe
Someone told me this was a popular recipe in the 80's, a bit before my cooking time. Campbell's Soup recipes were more popular when I was growing up. I think many people now prefer fresh simple and fresh over processed and convenient.
That being said, this is still a comfort food recipe that tastes amazing. Campbell's soup base recipes are fast, flavorful and convenient. Many Seafood Lasagna Alfredo recipes are made with a white sauce or béchamel sauce. The mushroom soup base is a great replacement for the Alfredo.
How to make Creamy Seafood Lasagna
This creamy lasagna recipe is really made like other lasagna recipes. Instead of using ground beef, it uses seafood as the protein. Use a mixture of cooked shrimp and imitation crab (and sometimes I add scallops).
Saute onion until caramelized. Mix in cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg, herbs and salt and pepper to make your cheese mixture. In a bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, white wine and seafood.
Spread ½ the cottage cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles. Spoon ½ the seafood mixture over the cottage cheese mixture. Add another layer of noodles and repeat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove foil, add extra cheddar cheese and cook until melted. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before eating. Don't worry, it will still be hot!
What Lasagna Noodles Do I Use?
You can use oven ready lasagna sheets, which are the most common type found in most grocery stores. However, fresh lasagna pasta sheets are very popular and found in the refrigerated aisle in the supermarket. If you want to go old school, then you can buy lasagna sheet that need to be boiled before using. Either way, any of these pastas will work!
What Goes Good with Seafood Lasagna?
The hero of this dinner recipe is the lasagna. I just serve it along side a leafy green salad with my homemade Italian salad dressing. Making a Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic bread is perfect accompaniment to eat with this dinner. It's like a fancy garlic bread that tastes great too.
I use imitation crab in this seafood lasagna recipe. Imitation Crab is usually made from pollock or white fish. You could use real crab or substitute with a few cans of canned crab. The scallops are optional because they can be expensive, but are worth it if you can! Here in Australia, you can buy a thawed Seafood Marinara mix from the deli. It's a mixture of shrimp, calamari, mussels and fish. This would in this recipe, but I don't like the chewiness of the calamari.
Can Seafood Lasagna be frozen?
Yes. You can make this in advance and freeze it. I recommend cover it tightly with plastic wrap and then foil before freezing. I wouldn't keep it in the freezer longer than 4 weeks, I hate frozen food that starts to get freezer burn!
Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Lasagna style Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Chorizo and Ricotta Lasagna
- Lasagna with Cottage Cheese
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi One Pan Dinner
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
This Easy Seafood Lasagna is made with mushroom soup, shrimp, scallops and imitation crab. Easy peasy, rich and creamy family dinner favorite. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Creamy Seafood Lasagna
- oven ready lasagna sheets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 oz 225g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1½ cups of creamed cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lb /500g shrimp cooked, deveined and peeled
- ½ lb /250g imitation crab or seafood sticks
- ½ lb /250g fresh scallops optional
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup condensed soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ dry white wine
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- In a frying pan, sauté the onions in butter until caramelized. Place onions in the bowl with cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg, herbs and salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
- If using scallops, sauté them in butter for a few minutes until cooked.
- In a separate bowl mix together mushroom soup, milk, white wine and seafood.
- Place a layer of oven ready lasagna noodles in a 9x13 lasagna pan. Spread ½ the cottage cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles. Spoon ½ the seafood mixture over the cottage cheese mixture. Add another layer of noodles and repeat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook for about 10 minutes until it melts and starts to bubble. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing to allow to set.