Tantalize your tastebuds with this easy Seafood Lasagna recipe. Combining shrimp, crab, cream cheese, mushroom soup and white wine. Whether you're hosting an intimate dinner or a large family gathering, this easy-to-make seafood lasagna is sure to please!
This creamy lasagna recipe is really made like other lasagna recipes. Instead of using ground beef, it uses seafood as the protein. Use a mixture of cooked shrimp and imitation crab (and sometimes I add scallops).
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Retro - a classic recipe popular from the 80's that tastes amazing!
- Easy - no Bechamel Sauce or Roux needed, the creamy base is made with canned soup
- Affordable - cheaper than most using Imitation Crab and Frozen Shrimp
- Lasagna Sheets - fresh pasta is sold in supermarkets everywhere
- Cream Cheese - block of cream cheese at room temperature
- Cottage Cheese - creamy cottage cheese is best
- Cheese - Mozzarella, Parmesan and Cheddar Cheese
- Herbs - fresh basil and oregano
- Seafood - Cooked Shrimp, Imitation Crab and optional Scallops
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - or condensed mushroom soup
- White Wine - any dry white wine
Campbell's Soup Recipe
Campbell's Soup Can recipes were popular when I was growing up, often used as a creamy base. It's a comfort food that's fast, flavorful and convenient. Many Seafood Lasagna recipes are made with a white sauce or béchamel sauce. The mushroom soup base is a tasty and easy replacement for the Alfredo.
How to Make Seafood Lasagna
Like traditional lasagna recipes, it's made with layers of pasta stuffed with protein and cheese. In this recipe, you will layer the Cheese Mixture and Seafood Mushroom Mixture between pasta sheets.
Prepare Lasagna Bases
- Sauté - fry onions in butter until caramelized.
- Cheese Mixture - Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, fried onions, mozzarella, egg, herbs and seasoning.
- Seafood Mushroom Mixture - In a bowl, mix together canned mushroom soup, milk, white wine and seafood.
Build the Lasagna
- Layer with Lasagna Sheet - Start with placing a layer of lasagna sheets in the base of the pan.
- Spread First Layer - Spread ½ Cheese mixture over the pasta. Spoon ½ Seafood Mushroom Mixture over the Cheese Mixture.
- Layer More Pasta - Cover with another layer of lasagna sheets.
- Spread Final Layer - Finish spreading rest of Cheese and Seafood Mix over pasta.
- Cover and Bake - Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese. Cover and bake with foil for 45 minutes.
- Extra Cheese - Remove foil, add cheddar cheese and bake until melted.
- Rest - Allow to rest for 15 minutes before eating - don't worry, it will still be hot!
What Lasagna Noodles Do I Use?
- Fresh Lasagna Sheets - easiest option, can be cut down to fit
- Oven Ready Lasagna Sheets - most commonly found, ready to layer
- Classic Lasagna Sheets - these ones need boiling before using
Seafood Lasagna Side Dishes
- Garden Salad with Italian Dressing
- Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Tomatoes
- Bell Pepper Salad
- Cherry Tomatoes Bruschetta
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Skip the Seafood! substitute seafood with chopped chicken and bacon
- Old Bay Seasoning - add this seasoning that goes fantastic with seafood
- Cut your Scallops - if using scallops, cut them to similar size as shrimp
- Cottage Cheese Substitute - switch it out with Ricotta Cheese
- Let It Rest - super important to let it settle, or it will can be soupy if served right away from the oven
- Crab Sticks - imitation crab is usually a Pollock fish, but you can substitute with a few cans of canned crabs
Fish in Seafood Lasagna
You can adapt and change the seafood in this recipe. Substitute shrimp with your favorite white fish, try these suggestions.
- Grilled Snapper
- Lobster Tails
- Fridge - wrap leftovers with cling wrap and keep refrigerated. Eat within 3-4 days.
- Freezing Leftovers - Tightly wrap in plastic, then foil and place in the freezer. Alternatively, place cut pieces in Ziploc bag. Enjoy within 4 weeks, defrost in the fridge before reheating in oven.
- Freezing in Advance - Lasagna is best frozen when it is assembled, but not baked. Wrap in foil and freeze. Best enjoyed within 4 weeks (but can be frozen up to 3 months). Defrost in fridge and bake.
Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Chorizo and Ricotta Lasagna
- Lasagna with Cottage Cheese
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi One Pan Dinner
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Easy Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- Lasagna style Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Linguine Vongole (Clams)
This creamy seafood pasta recipe is an easy peasy, tasty family dinner favorite. Perfect for Lent, or just if you want to try a new lasagna recipe. Who knew Shrimp Lasagna tasted this good! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 9x13 lasagna pan
- lasagna sheets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1½ cups creamed cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
Seafood Mushroom Mixture
- 1 lb (500g) shrimp cooked, deveined and peeled
- ½ lb (250g) imitation crab or seafood sticks
- ½ lb (250g) fresh scallops optional
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup condensed soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
Preparing Lasagna Bases
- In a frying pan, sauté the onions in butter until caramelized. Place onions in the bowl with cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg, herbs and salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
- If using scallops, sauté them in butter for a few minutes until cooked.
- In a separate bowl mix together mushroom soup, milk, white wine and seafood.
- Place a layer of oven ready lasagna noodles in a 9x13 lasagna pan. Spread ½ the cottage cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles. Spoon ½ the seafood mixture over the cottage cheese mixture.
- Add another layer of noodles and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook for about 10 minutes until it melts and starts to bubble.
- Allow to set for 15 minutes before slicing to solidify.
©PetersFoodAdventures.com *originally posted November 2018, updated April 2023