Am I the only one in a hurry to make dinner? With this super easy Sheet Pan Gnocchi, you'll be eating dinner in 30 minutes! Made with smokey chorizo and mushrooms, tossed with baby spinach, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Comfort food that's a healthy sheet pan dinner!
Easy Dinner in 30 minutes
So you've had a long day at work and need to feed that family with an easy meal? Look no further, this easy recipe with gnocchi is a lifesaver! Pre-packaged gnocchi is easily found in every supermarket in the pasta aisle.
I always have a few gnocchi packets in my pantry for an easy weeknight dinner. This really only takes 30 minutes before you're eating! The best part is that it only takes 5 minutes of prep work before baking in the oven! This will become your favorite baked gnocchi recipe!
How to cook Gnocchi
Gnocchi are small potato dumplings usually made with flour. You can make them from scratch, but pre-packaged is the way to go for an easy and quick dinner! Gnocchi are usually boiled, and people are surprised that they can make roasted gnocchi.
It won't be as pillowy soft like boiled gnocchi, and will feel slightly more dense. You'll definitely enjoy it a little bit crispy. Simply toss the gnocchi with some olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes with your favorite vegetables. This is an easy gnocchi recipe that only take minutes to prepare.
How to make Sheet Pan Gnocchi
When people thing of easy Sheet Pan dinners, they don't usually think of roasted gnocchi! Sheet pan dinners are like one pot dinners, throw all the ingredients together and cook. My favorite one pot dinner is Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni, how wants to wash extra dishes? 🤣
- Place gnocchi in a baking tray
- Cut mushrooms into quarters
- Slice chorizo sausage
- Add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice
- BAKE for 25 minutes
- Toss in baby spinach and top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
The baby spinach might seem like a lot but don't worry. Spinach is delicate, it rapidly wilts in the oven. It further reduces if you do a final mix before serving. And spinach is really healthy, more is better and as it cooks down, the kids won't even notice it!
The pine nuts are the most expensive ingredient in this recipe, but oh so good! If you can't find pine nuts, you can skip or substitute them with slivered almonds or cashews. Always toast the pine nuts in a frying pan for a minute until they are toasty and golden.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Sausage
Not everyone has easy access to Chorizo sausage. It's a spicy pork sausage that's Spanish in origin. It has a deep smokey flavor with a bit of spice from dried red peppers. It adds so much flavor to your dinners! Try making Lasagna with Chorizo, it will change your relationship with Lasagna, I promise!
If you can't find chorizo, you can use any smoked sausage. Every culture has their own version of how they make sausages, and honestly any can work. Some of my favorites are Kranskys, Italian Sausage, Smokeys, Pepperoni, Salami, Kielbasa, Mexican Chorizo, Cajna or even hot dogs... the possibilities are endless.
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe Tips
Are you still surprised that you don't have to boil gnocchi to enjoy it for dinner? You always can boil it the traditional way, but you would need to sauté the chorizo and vegetables separately before tossing through. Here are some great gnocchi ideas and variations.
- add cherry tomatoes (looks fancier when served with roasted truss tomatoes)
- throw in extra veggies like sliced red bell peppers
- chop zucchini or asparagus and add to the baking sheet
- toss fresh basil with the spinach
- mix parmesan cheese with cheddar cheese
- try tossing in bocconcini mozzarella balls or feta with the spinach
- double the recipe if you have big eaters and want leftovers!
Easy Dinner Recipe Ideas
- One Pan Cheeseburger Gnocchi (done in 30 minutes)
- Instant Pot Cheesy Hamburger Helper
- Sweet Chili Chicken Drumsticks
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
Once you try it, you will make it again and again! Sheet Pan Gnocchi with sausage is such an easy weeknight dinner, your family will love it! Crispy gnocchi with roasted mushrooms or extra roasted vegetables, and don't forget the cheese and sausage! Bake gnocchi, not boiled. Who has time to make difficult dinners when this one's so easy and tastes sooo good! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 17 oz /500 grams gnocchi
- ½ lb /250 grams mushrooms quartered, don't want them bigger than gnocchi
- 1 chorizo cut in half lenghwise and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese parmesan
- 2 cups baby spinach
- toasted pine nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C fan forced.
- Toss all ingredients together in a sheet pan except the spinach, cheese and pinenuts. Place in oven for about 25 minutes. Stir the gnocchi about 3-4 times to ensure even roasting, and to prevent sticking to bottom of baking tray.
- Mix in 2 cups of fresh spinach - add cheese and bake for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with toasted pine nuts.