I love garlic bread, I love cheese, I love herbs, this Cheese Stuffed Pull Apart Bread is a marriage made in heaven! There is something comforting about eating bread and gooey melted cheese.
The ingredients just sound healthy, but are full of calories! Fresh sourdough bread, fresh garlic, fresh herbs, but then it's drenched in calorie-laden butter and cheese. It's designed for sharing, by easily ripping apart pieces, but trust me, you won't want to share it!
How to Make Pull Apart Bread
The hardest part of this Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is cutting the bread diagonally. If you go slowly, starting the cut on one end and following through to the other end, it won't tear apart. If it does, thats ok, just stuff it with cheese, which will keep it in place as it melts. This is an easy wow factor for a meal, one that everyone will love.
I quickly made this Pull Apart Bread while my soup was simmering, and I think it was a bigger hit than my soup (which took hours to make). I used chili flakes as they are always in my pantry, but if you have fresh chili peppers from your garden, slice it thinly and mix into the butter mixture. Some people even add bacon with the cheese. Either way, this recipe is a winner!
After making Cheesy Pull Apart Bread, you will never look at store-bought garlic bread the same way again. This Cheesy Garlic Bread that the whole family will fight over! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- 1 large loaf of bread unsliced
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan
- chilli flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C. Prepare baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut a diagonal pattern in the bread, using a serrated knife. Cut all the way down to the bottom, without cutting through the base of the loaf.
- Mix together the butter, oregano, thyme and parsley.
- Using your fingers, or a knife, pry open the diamonds, and smother with the butter mixture. Shake the chilli flakes between the diamonds.
- Stuff the mozzarella between bread cracks. It will look messy. Pick up any cheese that fell on the baking tray and put inside the loaf.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes until loaf is warm and cheese is melted. Important to use the foil so the cheese doesn't burn. Remove the foil and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the loaf.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until melted and golden brown. Sprinkle with more parsley before serving.