This Instant Pot Hamburger Helper is a tasty comfort food that reminds me of my teenage years. A healthier recipe because it's made from scratch. With no processed foods and nothing unpronounceable, well not the Worcestershire Sauce! 😂
I have fallen in love with using my Instant Pot, and lately have been sharing some recipes made in Multi-cookers or Pressure cookers. It's such a timesaver, one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
What's Hamburger Helper?
In North America, Hamburger Helper is a quick and easy dried pasta meal found in every supermarket. The hamburger part of the recipe is ground beef, mixed with spices and a powdered cheesy mix. A one pot wonder meal that's usually loved by kids. Sometimes called Cheeseburger Macaroni or Instant Pot Cheeseburger Helper. It's quick, cheap and easy.
The good news is that my Instant Pot Hamburger Helper recipe is healthier and much tastier than the store bought version. There are no mystery powders or preservatives, just natural wholesome ingredients. They don't sell it here in Australia, so I've discovered that making a homemade version is the only way to make it. And I wouldn't want to go back to store bought again. Plus it's easier to make in an Instant Pot.
What is an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot or IP is a wonderful Canadian brand of appliance that has taken the world by storm. Mine has many different functions. It's an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, with a sauté function.
You'll find many different brands of multi-cookers sold across the world. However, there is only one Instant Pot. You can use any brand of pressure cooker interchangeably, like Ninja Foodi, Cuisinart, or Comfee to name a few!
Instant Pot Hamburger Helper - Faster than Take-Out
This will become one of your guilty pleasures when you need a fast, cheap and easy meal for dinner, especially after a long day at work. This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe will be ready before your pizza will be delivered.
It will take less than 30 minutes to make this recipe from start to finish. It's all made in the one pot, so it minimizes the dishes.
How to Make Hamburger Helper
- sauté the onions and ground beef
- add spices and diced tomatoes
- mix in the uncooked pasta and broth
- set the Instant Pot on manual for 5 minutes for the pasta to cook
- stir in cheese and sour cream for extra creaminess
Easy Dinner Recipes You'll Love
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi in a Skillet
- French Dip with Easy au Jus
- Sweet Chili Chicken Drumsticks
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
- Easy Chicken Fettuccine
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Chorizo
Instant Pot Hamburger Helper is an easy pressure cooker recipe, carb overload on a plate! A perfect budget friendly, comfort food dinner that your whole family will love. I'm sure you'll work it into your dinner meal rotations. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb /500g ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni pasta (18oz or 500 grams)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add the oil. Fry the onions until they start to brown and caramelize. Add the ground beef and garlic to the onions and cook until browned. Mix in the spices, worcestershire sauce and diced tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the uncooked pasta and beef stock. Close the Instant Pot lid and set vent to Sealing. Set the pressure to Manual for 5 minutes. When cooking is done, carefully quick release the steam valve.
- Stir in grated cheese and sour cream and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!