These easy Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls are perfectly soft and fluffy, generously slathered with a vanilla bean cream cheese frosting. I can't get enough of this recipe, reminds me of Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.
When I moved to Australia, there wasn't a Cinnabon here, they probably make the tastiest cinnamon buns in the world! This recipe is my homage to Cinnabon, creating my Cinnabon copycat recipe, using a bread machine.
How to make Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
The easiest part of this easy cinnamon rolls recipe is making the yeast dough. Many people are scared to make yeast dough as it seems complicated, and needs time to rise. Don't be scared of yeast dough any more! Using a break machine's dough cycle makes it so easy. Just throw all the ingredients in, press the dough cycle and your yeast dough is ready in 90 minutes.
When the dough comes out of the bread maker, it will be sticky. Place it on a floured surface, just don't knead it to death, it needs to be fluffy but not sticky. Roll it out, slather in melted butter and cover with the cinnamon sugar mix.
Sweet Yeast Dough
Not everyone has a bread machine to make dough, but you can still make this tasty recipe. I have an easy sweet Master Yeast Dough recipe that works perfectly with this recipe. Just prepare the dough as per instructions from the link (or video) and follow along for the rest of the cinnamon roll recipe.
Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Frosting
Of course, you have to use cream cheese frosting for your homemade cinnamon rolls. This is not a recipe for you if you are on a diet! You need lots of cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste (or vanilla).
This frosting recipe makes a very generous serve of cream cheese. I hate going to Cinnabon, and they give you a small stingy portion of frosting, forcing you to pay for a bigger size. Maybe I just hate paying for things that don't cost much money to make, so I'm extra generous at home.
You could use half of the cream cheese frosting recipe if you don't like a lot of frosting on your homemade cinnamon rolls. I love lots of cream cheese frosting on the cinnamon bun, and like to add more with each bite. I think you can never have enough!
Easy Dessert Recipes You'll Love!
- Easy Apple Turnovers
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Honey Joys - Cornflake Cupcakes
- Easy Pavlova Trifle
- Russian Yeast Dough Blueberry Pie
Easy Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls, light, fluffy and packed with flavor A vanilla bean cream cheese frosting will have you asking for more. Who needs Cinnabon? Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet of bread machine yeast
Cinnamon Sugar Spice Mix
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup cream cheese room temperature (about 8oz.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place ingredients, in the order listed, into your bread machine and select the dough program (this will take about 90 minutes).
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, into a 12"x15" rectangle. Brush melted butter all over the dough and generously sprinkle all the cinnamon sugar mixture. Tightly roll up the dough and cut into 12 even pieces. Each piece is about 2½ inches wide. This recipe make 12 cinnamon rolls. Place cinnamon buns on baking paper in a baking pan. Carefully cover with cling wrap, cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for about 20-30 minutes until they double in size. I place them in a slightly warm over that is turned off.
- Bake in 190°C/375°F preheated oven until golden brown, or about 12 minutes.
- Take the softened cream cheese and butter and whisk together with icing sugar and vanilla bean paste. Be generous! Spread on warm cinnamon buns before serving, with extra cream cheese while you eat!