This is such an easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake to make, you only need a few ingredients! It's often one of the first desserts parents can teach their kids how to make, without baking. It's quick, easy to make and delicious!
Gotta love a delicious Cherry cheesecake, and if you don't, then we can't be friends! I love all kinds of cheesecakes, and there are many different varieties. New York Baked Cheesecake is one of the recipes most people know, but that takes so much time. This cheesecake recipe is a timesaver and loved by everyone!
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
This Philadelphia Cherry Cheesecake recipe is pretty much self explanatory. Obviously, no baking, but that also includes the pie crust. Usually you just buy a crushed Graham Cracker pie base, but the can be hard to find here in Australia. However, easily found in North America.
You only need a few ingredients, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla. The ingredients get mixed together and need about 4 hours to set in the fridge. It's that easy. Choose your favorite canned fruit topping. For this recipe I used Duncan Hines Canned Cherry Topping, a classic choice. You can also make your own cherry topping, see below.
How to Make Easy Pie Base
Ok, it's always easy to buy the ready made pie base in the store, however there are tastier variations you can make at home. The classic No Bake Pie Crust is made with Graham Crackers, which they don't sell in Australia. For the photo in this recipe, I used a frozen, pre-made pastry pie shell that I baked in the oven for 10 minutes.
To make your own pie base, just crush Graham Crackers (either in food processor with in a bag with a rolling pin). Add melted butter and form it into your pie pan. As it sets, it creates your easy pie base. Mix 9oz or 250g of crushed cookies, with 4oz or 125g of melted butter. After forming it in your pie base, it needs to set int he fridge for 20 minutes before it's ready to use.
If you don't want to use Graham Crackers, feel free to use your favorite cookie or biscuit as we say in Australia. Try a neutral cookie like Maria Cookies which don't overpower the cherry cheesecake. If you're feeling fancy, try crushed Oreos, Ginger Snaps, Shortbread Cookies, it's really flexible, and depends on your taste preferences.
Vanilla vs Vanilla Bean Paste
Most of the recipes for a No Bake Cheesecake are very similar. You have your cheese products, sweetened condensed milk, an acid (a lemon) and vanilla. I am a huge fan of using Vanilla Bean paste. Vanilla flavor in a bottle you buy in a supermarket is quite bland when compared to using real vanilla beans. Vanilla pods are expensive and require your to scrape out the seeds using a knife. When using Vanilla Bean Paste, all the work is done, ready to squeeze into your recipe. I think it's cheapest to buy in Costco, and you won't regret it. Using Vanilla Bean Paste in your recipes will make them taste richer, more flavorful and luxurious. I love seeing the tiny black specs of vanilla bean. I know it's a quality dessert when I see them!
Can I Use Real Cherries for Cherry Pie Topping?
I love Cherry Pie filling, which seems to be quite an American thing, and harder to find in Australia. Yes, of course you can make your own cherry pie topping. This is what I suggest when making real cherry pie filling. Take 1 pound or 500 grams of pitted cherries, add ⅓ cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken a bit. Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water, and mix into the cherry mixture. Cook for about 1 minute until it thickens. Refrigerate to allow to fully cool before using for your pie topping. If you like your cherry topping thicker, add extra cornstarch slurry while cooking.
- Use Cream Cheese that is softened to room temperature. This ensures it's not too lumpy and is easier to mix
- Mix in half Mascarpone Cheese and half Cream Cheese for a creamier mixture
- For an ultra rich cream cheese filling, add ½ cup of room temperature sour cream in the cheese mixture
- Double the recipe, and make a No-Bake Cheesecake Bars in a pan
- Make ahead and freeze it for later!
Tasty Pie Recipes You'll Love!
- American Apple Pie with Short Cut Pastry
- Rustic Russian Blueberry Pie Made From Scratch
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie with Ginger Nut Base
- Sharlotka Apple Cake
Sometimes life happens, and sometimes you need quick, easy and delicious dessert that takes no time to make. This classic No Bake Cherry Cheesecake tastes amazing with Vanilla Bean Paste, and is an easy recipe to introduce 'baking' your kids.😂 Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 8 oz /250g package cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz /400g can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or regular Vanilla Extract
- 1 8 or 9-inch prepared graham cracker or baked pie crust
- 21 oz /595g can cherry pie filling
- Beat room temperature cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. While beating, slowly add in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour into the pie crust; chill in fridge for 4 hours or until set. Top with chilled cherry pie topping before serving.