This No Bake Cherry Cheesecake is such a timesaver, you only need a few ingredients! An easy cheesecake recipe to quickly made when company's coming, or teach your kids how to cook! Quick, easy to make and delicious!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- No Bake - yes that's right! A tasty cheesecake that doesn't need baking, not even the pie base!
- Fast - only takes 5 minutes to prepare, hardest part is waiting for the pie to set!
- Options - versatile: from making your own pie crust or using store bought, even have instructions from homemade cherry pie filling, or choose the easy way! 😀
- package cream cheese - soften to room temperature
- can sweetened condensed milk
- lemon juice - fresh squeezed has best flavor
- vanilla - try vanilla bean paste, flavor is out of this world
- prepared pie crust - graham cracker, pastry or even Oreo pie crust
- can Cherry Pie Filling - buy from your supermarket
Making No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
This Philadelphia No Bake Cheesecake recipe only needs a few ingredients and takes minutes to prepare.
- Beat Ingredients - beat room temperature cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. While beating, slowly add in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir- mix in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour - pour into the pie crust.
- Chill - allow to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- Top - cover set pie with chilled cherry pie topping before serving
Homemade Easy Pie Crust
It's always easy to buy the ready made pie crust from the store, however there are tastier variations you can make at home. The classic No Bake Pie Crust is made with Graham Crackers. You can also use a frozen, pre-made pastry pie shell that might need baking before using.
- Smash - crush 9oz (250g) Graham Crackers (either in food processor with in a bag with a rolling pin).
- Melt - add 4oz (125g) melted butter and form it into your pie 8" pie pan.
- Set - allow to set in the fridge for 20 minutes before using.
Real Cherries for Cherry Pie Topping
Cherry Pie filling is easy to buy year round, but also easy to make during cherry season! Try this when they're in season.
- Seedless - remove pits from 1 pound (500 grams) of cherries
- Mix - add ⅓ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ cup of water.
- Boil - bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slurry - make cornstarch slurry and pour into the hot cherry sauce (mix 3 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water)
- Thicken - cook for about 1 minute until it thickens.
- Cool - refrigerate to allow to fully cook before you add to your pie
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Room Temperature - bring Cream Cheese to room temperature. This ensures it's not too lumpy, soft and is easier to mix
- Mascarpone Cheese - mix in half Mascarpone Cheese and half Cream Cheese for a creamier mixture
- Sour Cream - for an ultra rich cream cheese filling, add ½ cup of room temperature sour cream in the cheese mixture
- Regular Butter - no need to use unsalted butter, use what you already have
- Vanilla Bean - tastes richer and luxurious - cheapest to buy from Costco, seeing the black specs of vanilla elevates your cheesecake
- Plan Ahead - no bake cheesecake sets in 4 hours, but best if you leave it in the fridge overnight
Graham Pie Crust Substitutes
- Maria Cookies - neutral cookie that won't overpower the cherry cheesecake
- Oreos - a flavor base the whole family will love
- Ginger Snaps - adds a gentle spice to your base
- Shortbread Cookies - super buttery
- Biscoff Cookies - add warmth and spice
Best Cream Cheese for Cheesecake
The best cream cheese you can buy for no bake cheesecakes is Philadelphia Cream Cheese. You an also substitute with Neufchatel, the original European cream cheese. Cream cheese blocks are recommended, plus they're cheaper than the tubs.
- Fridge - place in an airtight container, or cover with cling wrap. Lasts up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Freezer - place in an airtight container and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before serving.
Desserts You'll Love!
- American Apple Pie with Short Cut Pastry
- Old Fashioned Blueberry Pie Made
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie with Ginger Nut Base
- Sharlotka Apple Cake
- German Plum Cake
- Honey Joys - Cornflake Cupcakes with Honey
- Bird's Nest Cookies
Sometimes life happens, and sometimes you need quick, easy and delicious dessert that takes no time to make. This classic No Bake Cherry Cheesecake tastes amazing and is an easy recipe to introduce 'baking' your kids.😂 Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 8 oz (250g) package cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz (400g) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste
- 8 or 9-inch prepared graham cracker pie or baked pie crust
- 21 oz (595g) can cherry pie filling
- Using an electric mixer, beat room temperature cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy.
- While beating, slowly add sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour into the pie crust; chill in fridge for 4 hours or until set. Top with chilled cherry pie topping before serving.
©PetersFoodAdventures.com *originally published Feb 2016, updated March 2023