This sweet bell pepper salad is incredibly easy to make, and super healthy! Not all salads need lettuce! When summer arrives, so does sweet bell pepper season!
When summer comes into full swing, my garden usually is overflowing with tomatoes and various sweet peppers. I'm always on the search for bell pepper recipes. Plus it's incredibly healthy and a change from your usual summer salad recipes.
How to Make Bell Pepper Salad
This Red Bell Pepper Salad recipe is super easy to make, and can be made in minutes. It's the perfect side dish, and full of vitamins! The hardest thing about this recipe is chopping up the peppers. To make it go faster, you can stack up the peppers pieces to cut them twice as fast.
- Slice the bell peppers into thin strips
- Thinly slice ½ salad onion
- Add cherry tomatoes
- Toss together and drizzle with vinaigrette
Dressing for Bell Pepper Salad
Italian Salad Dressing goes perfectly with this Pepper Salad. For this recipe I used store bought dressing, but it's very easy to make my Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing. Give this easy homemade recipe a try!
What Peppers are Best for Salad?
There are so many different types of peppers out there. In Australia, we call them Capsicums, so I suppose this is called a Capsicum Salad here! You can use any variety of sweet peppers, most commonly called Bell Peppers. They come in green, red, yellow, orange and even purple in color.
Sweet Paprika peppers are also one of my favorites when making this salad. Of course, you can use any sweet peppers, including mini sweet peppers that are gaining popularity.
What To Do With All My Bell Peppers?
Like most things in my garden, when peppers are in season, it seems they ripen all at once! Then you scramble to google "Red Pepper recipes" for ideas of how to use up nature's bounty. That's probably what brought you here to this recipe, but there are more pepper recipes you need to try!
- Hungarian Stuffed Peppers
- Roasted Chickpea Salad with Peppers
- Tomato Chipotle Salsa
- Quick Pickled Peppers
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Summer Salads You Need to Try!
- Mango Shrimp Salad
- Cucumber Radish Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 7 Bean Salad for Large Parties
You can't go wrong with this Bell Pepper Salad recipe. Easy to make lettuce free salad, a quick way to use up your summer garden vegetables. Make it ahead of time, perfect for a picnic, bbq or a potluck. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 lb /500g red bell peppers yellow peppers
- ½ white salad onion sliced thinly
- ½ lb /250g cherry tomatoes
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers. Cut in quarters lengthwise, and slice into thin strips. Add into a salad bowl.
- Thinly slice the white onion and add to the bowl with the peppers. Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the Italian Dressing over Bell Pepper Salad and mix to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate to eat the next day.