This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad will be one of your favorite summer salads. A tasty side dish that's packed with vegetables. Toss with bacon, cheese, and onions. Don't forget the creamy and tangy dressing. This recipe is a crowd pleaser!
Everyone needs a tasty broccoli salad recipe and this one won't disappoint. Enjoy this salad year round, bring to a summer bbq, or during your holiday feasts. Easy to throw together in about 20 minutes.
Ingredients in Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Broccoli - chopped into small florets
- Cauliflower - chopped into small florets
- Bacon - cooked til crispy, then crumbled
- Cheddar Cheese - cut into small cubes
- Red Onion - adds a vibrant flavor
- Mayonnaise - Hellman's or Heinz are nice and creamy
- White Vinegar - can substitute with apple cider vinegar
- Lemon Juice - adds a slight citrus freshness
- Sugar - for sweetness
- Salt - everything needs a pinch of salt!
How to Make Broccoli Salad
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Chop the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets (should be equal amounts)
- Fry the bacon until crispy, place on paper towels to absorb grease
- Crumble or chop the bacon into small pieces
- Cube the cheddar cheese into bite size pieces
- Chop ½ red onion
- Place all ingredients in bowl and mix until combined. Toss with dressing
Creamy Salad Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Pro Tip! Dissolve the sugar in lemon juice and vinegar before adding it to the mayonnaise.
- Pour over the broccoli salad
- Change out the mayo for Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt for a lighter taste
- Swap out the sugar with Stevia or honey
- Bacon Bits are easy to use instead of frying bacon
- Substitute Mayo with Fat Free Mayo for a healthier version
- Use Colby Cheese, Monterrey Jack or Edam Cheese instead of Cheddar
Can You Make Broccoli Salad in Advance?
Definitely. The broccoli and cauliflower florets are nice and crunchy, even if you dress your salad in advance. I usually toss in cheese cubes when I'm ready to serve, but it's ok if you don't. Make the salad the night before, cover and refrigerate. A great time saver for the holidays, or prepare in advance for a picnic or bbq.
Salad Dressing Ideas
Changing up your salad dressing in the Broccoli Cauliflower Salad, can elevate this recipe. Use your favorite dressing for a twist on this popular recipe. Here are some suggestions.
- French Salad Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Caesar Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Creamy Sweet Chili Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Poppyseed Dressing
- Asian Sesame Dressing
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Variations
There are many ways to enjoy this salad, including ingredients to include. Here are some popular favorites.
- Slivered Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Dried Cranberries
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Crunchy Ramen Noodles
- Red Peppers
- Toasted Pinenuts
Salads Recipes You'll Love
This Creamy Broccoli Salad is easy to make, full of flavor, with a quick homemade dressing. Trust me, the kids won't even complain that they're eating broccoli. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 heads broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1 small cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1 lb/500g bacon rashers crispy fried and chopped or crumbled
- 14 oz /400g cheese cubed
- ½ red onion chopped
Creamy Broccoli Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, crumbled bacon, cheese and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white vinegar, lemon juice sugar and salt.
- Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the broccoli salad and mix together until evenly coated.