Nothing says summer like a fresh Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing. A simple and delicious salad that's packed with flavor and nutrition! Perfect for dinner, a potluck or a summer bbq.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese is the light, summer salad you are looking for! You can whip this salad together in under 10 minutes, and have your family eating a healthy meal. The kids will love the sweet and tangy salad dressing!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Spinach Leaves
- Fresh Strawberries
- Goat Cheese
- Poppyseed Dressing
Easy Poppyseed Dressing
Start with making the dressing, to allowing time for the flavors to combine. Minced onion the secret to this dressing. Using a garlic press, mince a piece of onion into the vinaigrette. This is what gives the dressing the zip and tang. Whisk together and set aside.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Minced Onion
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make Spinach Strawberry Salad
Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing really only needs 4 ingredients, if you buy your salad dressing. However, homemade dressing always tastes better. This salad is ready in minutes!
- Toss - mix the spinach leaves and sliced strawberries in a bowl.
- Cut Cheese - cube the soft goat cheese into small chunky pieces and add over spinach.
- Drizzle - pour the Poppyseed dressing. Toss salad together and serve immediately.
Spinach Strawberry Salad for Dinner
Turn your light Strawberry Salad into a full meal for dinner by adding these tasty variations. A salad that eats like a meal.
- Grill seasoned chicken breast
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Grilled Snapper
- Pan Fried Salmon or Grilled Trout Fillet
- Grilled Jumbo Prawns
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Change Spinach - substitute with your favorite salad greens, including kale
- Add Nuts - garnish with toasted Pine Nuts, Almond Slivers or Walnuts
- Protein - toss Chickpeas for extra protein (Garbanzo Beans)
- Reduce Sweetness - if dressing too sweet, reduce the sugar to ⅓ cup or use Splenda
- Add Bite - thinly sliced red onions add a bit of tasty sharpness to balance the sweetness of the strawberries and dressing
Best Cheese for Strawberry Salad
Not everyone loves Goat's Cheese, and sometimes can be hard to find. Make this salad with these cheese substitutes.
- Feta Cheese - crumbly Greek or creamy Danish Cheese
- Halloumi - tastier when grilled
- Camembert or Brie - mild, buttery and cream
- Edam or Gouda - a mild creamy cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella or Bocconcini - a neutral tasting cheese
- Goat's Cheese - just stick with the classics
Change the Dressing
If Poppyseed dressing isn't your thing, add your favorite dressing. Vinaigrette or oil and vinegar dressings are traditional with spinach salads, but you can also use your creamy dressings. Here are some suggestions.
- Balsamic Vinegar Vinaigrette
- Homemade Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- Creamy Ranch with Bacon
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Homemade French Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing
Fridge - It's best to enjoy Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing when it is made. The dressing can make your salad a bit soggy. However, you can place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. Eat within 3 days.
Looking for more Summer Salads?
- Bell Pepper Salad
- Shrimp Mango Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Radish Cucumber Salad
- Creamy French Salad Dressing
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw
Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing is the tastiest summertime salad, just in time for strawberry season. Perfect for lunch, side salad or a dinner main with grilled chicken. Fresh, sweet strawberries tossed with spinach and goat's cheese for an unbeatable combination of tastes and textures. You'll have a meal that is sure to please any crowd. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- Spinach leaves
- 1 small basket strawberries sliced
- soft Goat's Cheese
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Poppyseeds
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Whisk all the the Poppyseed Dressing ingredients together, set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the spinach leave and sliced strawberries. Cut the soft goat cheese into small chunky pieces and add the the bowl.
- Drizzle the Poppyseed dressing and toss the salad together and serve immediately.
©PetersFoodAdventures.com *originally posted October 2016, updated May 2023