Strawberry Salad with Goat's Cheese and a Sesame Poppyseed Dressing is a mouthful to say! It's my favorite salad during strawberry season. The smooth cheese and tangy dressing perfectly complement the vine ripened strawberries, it's a winner!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
This is a classic Strawberry Salad with Spinach. I learnt this recipe from a chef when I worked in a restaurant in Kamloops, BC, over 20 years ago. When I heard we were making Strawberry Salad, I wasn't sure it was going to work. Boy was I wrong! Once I tried it, I was hooked!
You can whip this recipe up in under 10 minutes, and have your family eating a healthy and nutritious lunch or side dish. The kids love the Poppyseed Dressing, they even said they want to drink it. Win! 🤣
The secret to this recipe is the delicious Poppyseed Vinaigrette. The Apple Cider Vinegar and Worcestershire Sauce form the base of this salad dressing. The sesame seeds add a nuttiness which is still subtle. Trust me, the recipe just works! It was a best seller at the restaurant!
Sweet and savory flavors mix together perfectly with the minced onion. That's the secret to this dressing. Using a garlic press, mince a piece of onion into the vinaigrette. This is what gives the dressing the zip and tang.
Strawberry Salad for Dinner
Turn your Strawberry Salad into a full meal. My favorite is to grill pounded chicken on the bbq. Slice the grilled chicken into strips and serve as part of your salad. It's even easier to add shredded rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Grilled Salmon or Tuna also take this meal to the next level.
- Instead of spinach, use your favorite salad greens, including kale
- Swap out the Goat's Cheese for Chunky Feta Cheese
- Add toasted Pine Nuts or Almond Slivers
- Toss Chickpeas for extra protein (Garbanzo Beans)
- If dressing too sweet, reduce the sugar to ⅓ cup
Looking for more Summer Salads?
- Sweet Pepper Salad with Italian Vinaigrette
- Shrimp Mango Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- Russian Radish Salad
- Homemade French Salad Dressing
- Mizeria - Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Coleslaw Dressing
Serve this for lunch or as a side salad with dinner, Strawberry Salad with cheese is sure to be a hit. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Strawberry Salad with Spinach
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spinach leaves
- 1 small punnet strawberries sliced
- soft goat cheese
- Whisk all the the Poppyseed Dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the spinach leave and sliced strawberries. Cut the soft goat cheese into small chunky pieces and add the the bowl.
- Drizzle the Poppyseed dressing and toss the salad together and serve immediately.