Quick Pickled Chillies are easy to make, and pack a punch to your favorite meals! I love all things pickled, from Pickled Carrots to Pickled Cabbage. You won't go wrong with this tasty recipe!
Quick Pickled Chillies are a tasty condiment for spicing up stir fry dishes, soups, Asian rice dishes, burgers, or Russian ones such as Plov. It's also a great way to punch up a hot dog in a bun, much tastier than plain ketchup and mustard (so spicy)! Dill Pickles and Quick Pickled Pattypan Squash taste amazing on burgers, you need to try it! I love pickled foods, can you tell?
I have so many chilli peppers growing in my garden, and it seemed like they ripened all at once. It's always convenient to have fresh chillies growing in the garden, but I had 2lbs/1kg of ripe chilli peppers, so many peppers. This is the easiest way to preserve a whole bunch of peppers.
What Peppers Can I Pickle?
I like to grow spicy peppers. I crave the fresh kick of spice when cooking. Home grown Thai Bird's Eye Chili Peppers or Red Cayenne Peppers, which are long and skinny and fit great into glass jars. Perfect when pickling peppers. Any spicy pepper would work, like habanero, jalapeño, tabasco.... there are so many varieties. Just be careful with level of heat each pepper has. Ghost Peppers are some of the hottest varieties I've eaten!
Easy Pickled Peppers
Quick Pickled Chillies recipe are a great way to preserve your peppers, so you can eat them when you're ready. This is not a pantry shelf friendly recipe. I don't seal and "can" the jar of peppers in a water bath, so it can be kept unrefrigerated indefinitely. I always keep them in the fridge, and start eating them right away. If you want the whole canning process, check my Canned Pickled Russian Tomatoes recipe. In my experience, refrigerator peppers can last in the fridge for 1-2 months, but it could be different for you. If unsure, smell it. If in doubt, throw it out!
I just I love the vinegar-y pickled infused blast of flavor it adds to my meals. It only takes 20-25 minutes tops, and is so easy to make. Pickled and fermented foods taste amazing, and are becoming a lost art, this recipe is so easy, it's worth a try! Hope you love these easy Pickled Peppers as much as I do! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 500 g red Chilli peppers
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds optional
- Wash the whole chilli peppers, then pierce them 4-5 times with a toothpick.
- In a saucepan, place the vinegar, water, salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Place the bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns, coriander seeds and celery seeds in the bottom of the sterilised glass jar. Tightly pack the pricked chilli peppers inside the jar.
- Carefully fill the jar with the hot brine, completley submerging the the chillies with the brine. Leave a ¼" gap from the top of the jar.
- Close the jar and allow to cool on the counter overnight. Keep refrigerated. It's best to allow the chillies to infuse for a few days before eating. If the brine levels are lower than the chillies, add more brine, or the chillies may turn brown from the exposure the air.