These crispy Air-Fryer Potato Wedges are the perfect recipe to use all your fresh herbs from your garden. Baked and not fried, with oven baked and air fryer instructions. So much flavor, and healthier than frying potatoes or buying french fries!
Air-Fryer Potato Wedges are perfect for dinner, especially when you've had a busy day at work and need dinner fast. We serve this alongside chicken wings, kangaroo burgers (yup that's a thing) or with fast bbq pork ribs.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Potatoes - no need to peel!
- Olive Oil - Extra Virgin
- Garlic - be generous as it packs a flavor punch
- Herbs - freshly chopped
- Chili Peppers (optional)
Fresh Herbs for Potato Wedges
That's one of the great benefits of having a small garden is the fresh herbs that seem to grow everywhere. Truthfully, I tend to plant them absolutely everywhere. Have you seen the price of fresh herbs in the supermarkets? It's great living in Australia, with a climate that allows herbs to grow year round.
Just throw your favorite fresh herbs into the mix, it's that easy. Honestly, any combination of herbs give great flavor. Here are my favorites;
Are Oven Roasted Potato Wedges Healthy?
Oven roasted potato wedges are definitely more healthier than deep fried French fries. I always use extra virgin olive oil when roasting potatoes. Olive Oil has been a part of the Mediterranean diet for thousands of years, and it's considered one of the healthier oils. Potatoes are packed with carbohydrates and vitamins, the health depends on which oils you use and how you prepare them.
What Potatoes are Best for Wedges?
I've never been a huge potato fan, but my wife has slowly won me over to wonderful carb-ness of potatoes. This recipe is so incredibly simple, and my wife makes it to accompany many dishes as a side, or you could just eat it as a meal by itself. These are my favorite roasting potatoes.
- Russet Potatoes - always my go to in North America!
- Australian Royal Blue Potatoes - my favorite Australian potato!
- Desiree Potatoes
- Dutch Creams
Air-Fryer Potato Wedges
I'm convinced that Air-Fryers are not a fad, but an essential appliance in the modern kitchen. It's such a time saver, and is more energy efficient than using an oven. And did I mention crispy? These Air-Fryer Potato Wedges will be nice and crispy, you're gonna love them!
I love my new Air Fryer, and I'm slowly updating my other recipes to include Air-Fryer instructions. When using an AF, the potatoes cook faster, and come out crispier than in the oven. Fun fact, an Air Fryer uses less electricity than a conventional oven, so it's win win! Making Air Fryer Potato Wedges only takes about 15 minutes to roast. Compared to a conventional oven, that takes about 30 minutes. Just don't layer the wedges too high in the air fryer. Try to keep it to 1 layer deep of potato wedges for best results.
Seasoning Potato Wedges
I love the herb flavors, and I love spicy food too. The fresh chopped chili peppers are optional, but I like a bit of a kick, and keep the seeds in. The cooking process takes some of the heat out of the peppers, but if you don't like spicy, then skip!
I love using Sea Salt flakes as it brings out the flavor of the herbs and potato without overpowering with spices. However, season with your favorite spices, here's some suggestions.
- Montreal Steak Spice
- Seasoning Salt
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Chicken Salt - very popular in Australia!
- Cajun Seasoning
Super Crispy Potato Wedges
If you're anything like me, you probably want to get a mid-week dinner on the table as fast as possible. However, if you have the time, you can make your wedges extra crispy. After cutting the potato wedges, place them into a bowl of ice water and let them sit for 30 minutes. Pat them dry before tossing them in the olive oil.
French Fry Dipping Sauces
No Air-Fryer Potato Wedges recipe would be complete without dipping sauce suggestions! Here are my favorite sauces to dip French Fries and and these wedges into!
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce with Homemade Sour Cream
- Creamy Sweet Chili Fry Sauce
- Tartar Sauce
- Homemade Creamy French Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Bacon Ranch Dressing and Dip
These crispy Roasted Potato Wedges are definitely an easy side dish your whole family will love with dinner. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- Air Fryer or Oven
- 2 lbs /1 kg potatoes unpeeled (about 6 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 chilli pepper (optional) chopped and de-seeded
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- Slice the washed potatoes lengthways into long wedge pieces.
- Place potato wedges into a bowl with the chopped herbs, chilli peppers, garlic and olive oil and toss together until coated.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F/200°C
- Place the potato wedges, one or two layers deep maximum in the air fryer.
- Air Fry for about 15 minutes. At around 10 minutes of cooking, toss the potatoes in the fryer, so they turn over to ensure they are crispy all over.
- Serve with immediately with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place a single layer wedges on a large baking sheet, baking for about 35 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Turn the potatoes over at the 20 minute mark, ensuring both sides are crispy. Season with sea salt flakes.