Herb Roasted Potato Wedges is the perfect recipe to use all your fresh herbs from your garden. Baked and not fried, with so much flavour.
That’s one of the great benefits of having a small garden is the fresh herbs that seem to grow everywhere. Truthfully, I tend to plant them absolutely everywhere. Have you seen the price of fresh herbs in the supermarkets? I’m really blessed to be living in a climate that provides herbs year round for my kitchen.
I’ve never been a huge potato fan, but my wife has slowly won me over to wonderful carb-ness of potatoes. This recipe is so incredibly simple, and my wife makes it to accompany many dishes as a side, or you could just eat it as a meal by itself. The types of herbs don’t really matter, just as long as they are fresh, and not dried. If you don’t have fresh thyme or fresh oregano, it will still be great.
The chilli pepper is optional, but I like a bit of a kick, and keep the seeds in. The cooking process takes some of the heat out of the peppers, but it’s your preference. You can use seasoning salt, sometimes I use Montreal Steak Spice, but love using Maldon Sea Salt Flakes as it brings out the flavour of the herbs and potato without overpowering with spices.
I love to dip these wedges into my Sweet Chilli Sauce and sour cream, or my Creamy Sweet Chili Fry Sauce. These crispy Herb Roasted Potato Wedges are definitely a winner. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1kg potatoes washed, unpeeled (about 6 medium potatoes)
- bunch fresh rosemary finely chopped
- bunch fresh thyme finely chopped
- buch fresh oregano finely chopped
- bunch fresh basil finely chopped
- bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 1-2 chilli peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼-1/3 cup olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Slice the potatoes lengthways into long wedge pieces.
- Put the wedges into a bowl with the chopped herbs, chilli peppers, garlic and olive oil and toss together until coated.
- Place a single layer wedges on a large baking sheet, baking for about 35 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Turn the potatoes over at the 20 minute mark, ensuring both sides are crispy. Season with sea salt flakes.
- Serve with immediately with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.