Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip is a delicious recipe that you can make at home very easily. Don’t be scared of the Blue Cheese. Apparently our taste buds are meant to regenerate every 7 years or so, which means our food preferences can change. I don’t know if that’s true or not. I do know that I used to hate Blue Cheese dressing until I tried this recipe. Blue cheese is an acquired taste, it’s basically cheese with veins of blue mould. It’s not an easy tasting condiment, like French Dressing, chances are you have strong feelings about it.
There are many naturally occurring things that can be gross, but taste outstanding (like this recipe). We eat it with Peri Peri chicken wings or alongside carrot and celery sticks to dip into. This Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip tastes amazing to dip your wings into it, or even on a baked potato…. I use fresh lemons because it’s lemon season, but lemon juice from a bottle is just fine to use. Just a tip, when a recipe asks for a small amount of minced onions, just use a garlic press. It does the same thing, simply cut off a small teaspoon size of onion and press through! Save your chopping fingers and chunky onion bites in the recipe!
This recipe is easy, has no unpronounceable ingredients, and can be whipped up in a few minutes with ingredients you have at home. Plus you get to control how much Bleu Cheese you want in your dressing. After trying this Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip, you’ll never buy Kraft dressing again….. sorry Kraft. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced onion
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Whisk all together except for the blue cheese. You can use an electric mixer, but I just used a fork and vigorously mixed together in a mason jar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese and mix throughout. Taste. This creates a very mild version of the recipe. Add another 2 tablespoons and mix together. Add more to taste if required.
- Best to refrigerate for a few hours before use, but I usually can't wait and eat it right away!