This Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe is my favorite way to eat mashed potatoes. Everyone loves mash when they’re done well. There’s nothing worse than lumpy, tasteless mashed potatoes. Actually, I think everyone loves a good potato side dish recipe. Oven Roasted Potato Wedges, Scalloped Potatoes, French Onion Potatoes, Potato Salad, Chinese Roasted Potatoes, Duck Fat Potatoes, the flavors and recipes are endless!
Being Russian, we love our garlic and I love the garlicky flavor boost. This is not a low fat dish, so don’t stress about the ingredients, it tastes amazing. The whipping cream and butter provide a rich creaminess that will make your potatoes stand out. I love it even more when drenched with sour cream or gravy.
When making a large meal like Christmas or Thanksgiving, you can make the Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes in advance, and keep it in a slow cooker on low to stay warm. It’s a time saver which allows you to prepare ahead, ready to serve when you’re ready to eat.
This classic garlic mashed potato recipes is so creamy and fluffy. Absolutely a family favourite dinner side, perfect for Thanksgiving for Christmas or everyday! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2lbs/1kg potatoes
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- parsley or chives as garnish (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large pot. Potatoes should be roughly the same size, to ensure even cooking. Fill pot with enough water to cover potatoes and cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until they are tender but not falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes well and place into a mixing bowl. Using a mixer, starting slowly at first, whip the potatoes while gradually increasing speed. Slowly drizzling in the whipping cream and add the minced garlic. Add the softened butter and continue beating the potatoes until they are 'whipped' and fluffy.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste, and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.