Everyone will love this Easy Turkey Stuffing recipe, especially the cook. No one wants to spend extra time in the kitchen unnecessarily. It’s the perfect side dish with Deep Fried Turkey, or even a Juicy Roast Chicken dinner.
This isn’t the type of stuffing that you traditionally stuff inside the raw turkey. You can risk getting sick if the internal temperature of your roasted turkey isn’t hot enough when the cavity is stuffed with bread. We usually make a Deep Fried Christmas Turkey as it only takes 45 minutes to cook. Together with the easy turkey stuffing side dish, this will allow you to spend more time with your family.
I hated turkey stuffing until our friend Lisa introduced us to a version of this easy turkey stuffing. I was totally hooked from there. It’s been a Christmas staple along side my wife’s Pavlova Trifle and Duck Fat Potatoes. Part of our favourite family classic Christmas meals.
I use a regular loaf of sliced supermarket bread, but you can use fancier bread if you like. Sometimes we even add more butter than the recipe calls, it adds so much flavour. To offset the use of butter, my wife adds some chicken stock to give it extra depth and flavour (but don’t be shy to add more butter).
Ridiculously Easy Whole Loaf Turkey Stuffing recipe that your family will love this holiday season. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 loaf of sliced bread, cubed
- 6 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 250 grams butter (half a block)
- 1 cup liquid chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- In a large stockpot, melt approx half the butter and saute the onion and celery pieces until they start to soften (about 12-15 minutes). If you are adding mushrooms add them in and cook for a further 7 minutes until all the water has been released.
- Add the remaining butter and sage and stir until the butter is melted.
- Add the bread pieces mix through. Add the liquid chicken stock and parsley and mix together. Sprinkle the chicken stock powder, mix and taste and adjust if necessary. Set aside in a warm until ready to serve.