Jalapeno Deviled Eggs is the perfect bite size, hand held, spicy appetizer. These spicy devilled eggs pack a punch! Made with 3 types of jalapeño peppers, they'll be the hit of your party!
Jalapeno Deviled Eggs is one of my favorite Deviled Eggs recipes which can be eaten anytime of year. I think normal deviled eggs are boring and lack the flavor and pizazz that this spicy deviled egg recipe delivers. Once you try this recipe, you won't want to go back to boring old egg appetizers.
This is the ultimate party appetizer. Whether having a Super Bowl party, looking for a holiday or Christmas appetizer, or looking for ways use up your hard boiled Easter eggs, you've found your new favorite recipe. It's especially popular during Super Bowl, along side my easy Twice Baked Potatoes.
Jalapeno Poppers are a popular American appetizer, that's becoming more popular here in Australia. They're jalapenos that are stuffed with cheese, spices and sometimes bacon. Then they're baked or deep fried. This recipe is a fusion of the flavors of a Jalapeno Popper and a Deviled Egg recipe. You can use whatever ratios of jalapenos you like, if it's too spicy for you.
How to make Spicy Deviled Eggs
For my spicy deviled eggs recipe, I use 3 different type of Jalapeno peppers. Fried, Pickled and Fresh. I love the crunchy texture of French's Crispy Fried Jalapenos. Easy to find in the States, but harder to buy here in Australia. You can only find them in a few USA food stores or online. Pickled Jalapenos add a different texture and familiar flavor to the egg stuffing. Finally the garnish of the freshly sliced jalapeno adds freshness and spicy kick to your Jalapeno Deviled Egg.
It's easy to hard boil the eggs, and allow them to cool. Cut the eggs in half and remove the egg yolks from egg whites. This will form your egg cups that you will place your filling back in. In a bowl, mash the egg yolks with the cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and spoon back into the egg white cups. Garnish with fresh jalapeño and bacon bits. Always keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Use fresh onion instead of onion powder. Onion adds a delicious flavor and depth to the stuffed eggs, compared to dried onion powder. And its so easy to make. Don't finely dice the onion, but use a garlic press to squeeze and mince the onion. I use about 1 teaspoon of minced onion and onion juice, you can use more if needed.
- Hard boil the eggs the night before and keep them in the fridge until ready to use them.
- Don't prepare the jalapeno egg stuffing in advance. Use it immediately when ready to stuff the egg cup. You want the Fried Jalapenos nice and crispy, adding a nice contrast.
- If there is any leftover jalapeno egg stuffing, make an Egg Sandwich with it. The perfect mix of egg, jalapeno, bacon and cheese, you won't want a regular egg sandwich again.
How Long Can Hard Boiled Eggs Sit Out?
Like many foods, you need to be careful when leaving foods on the table at room temperature. It's commonly accepted that you don't leave foods out for longer than 2 hours, so you don't risk getting sick. So keep them refrigerated until ready to serve, and promptly wrap up and refrigerate leftovers.
Are Deviled Eggs Fattening?
Yes, most definitely, this isn't diet food, but no party food is! Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs are Keto if you don't use the Crispy Fried Jalapenos. Keto is a low carb, high fat diet with health benefits. It's similar to an Atkins diet, which has weight loss benefits. Now I'm not saying that if you eat this as part of your regular diet, you will lose weight. You have to live the Keto life, but for the rest of us, these Keto Deviled Eggs are fattening (but so tasty)!
Easy Party Appetizers
- Cucumber Appetizer Bites
- Smoked Salmon Appetizers on Russian Rye
- Blue Cheese Dip for Everything
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Dip
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs are a low carb appetizer that everyone will love. Stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, cheddar and 3 types of jalapenos. The perfect appetizer for Easter, Christmas or any holiday celebration or potluck. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ½ cup spreadable cream cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos diced
- ¼ cup Crispy Fried Jalapenos chopped
- 5 slices fried bacon chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced onion in garlic press
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh jalapeno slices
- Remove egg yolks from the egg whites in the hard boiled eggs.
- In a bowl, mash the egg yolks with mayo and cream cheese. Add the rest of the ingredients together.
- Using a spoon, fill the egg whites with the Jalapeno Popper egg filling. Garnish with bacon and a thinly sliced jalapeno. Refrigerate until ready to serve.