This Smoked Salmon Appetizers recipe is so easy to make, with only 4 ingredients can be prepared in minutes. Perfect to make if you're stuck for a last minute appetizer for a family gathering or holiday party.
Easy Party Appetizers
When I hear party, I usually think about all the work and preparation going on in the background. It takes a lot of work to make something look effortless. Usually I'm stressing about the timing of cooking the main meal and sides to be ready at the same time. The last thing I want to do is make a difficult and time consuming appetizer. This appetizer recipe hits the easy button!
Whether needing a tray of appetizers for New Years, a birthday party, cocktail party or a formal dinner, this is one of the easiest recipes out there. This recipe should be easy! You only need 4 ingredients and it takes minutes to make!
- Dark Rye Bread
- Smoked Salmon
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Dill
How to make Smoked Salmon Appetizers
I'm not sure if I would classify this as a Russian appetizer, but the flavors and ingredients are all used in the Russian and Slavic kitchen. I always have Russian dark rye bread at home, the darker the better! If you can find Russian Borodinsky Rye bread with caraway seeds, it's perfect for this recipe!
Using a 2" round cutter makes the appetizer or canapé the perfect size to serve. The round shape makes it look a little bit fancier to serve for a party. You can cut the rye bread into squares too, you get less wastage that way. To make the cream cheese mixture, just mix in freshly chopped dill, that's it! You can use dried dill, just mix and adjust to taste.
I'm pretty generous with the amount of cream cheese that I spread on the rye bread rounds, I like lots of cream cheese. Fold the small smoked salmon pieces and place over the dill cream cheese. Pro Tip: roll up the salmon into little roses to make them look a bit fancy, but this is meant to be a quick and easy appetizer recipe.
- make homemade Beet Gravlax instead of smoked salmon. The deep pink infused colors of the cured salmon makes for an amazing conversation piece.
- use Pumpernickel Bread, or if in a hurry, use fancy crackers
- garnish with capers or watercress
- mix cream cheese with a bit of salad dressing like Caesar Salad or Creamy Cucumber dressing
- add finely chopped red onion to add extra flavor boost
- you can completely cheat and buy flavored cream cheese!
Party Appetizers You'll Love
Your whole family will love this easy to make Smoked Salmon Appetizer. Sliced smoked Salmon, dill cream cheese on rye bread rounds (or pumpernickel). This simple 4 ingredients recipe is the perfect salmon canape for the holidays. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- Dark Rye bread can use Pumpernickel
- 250 gram /8oz spreadable cream cheese
- 100 g smoked salmon
- fresh dill
- Using a small 2" round cookie cutter, cut out circles from the rye bread.
- Finely chop about 2 tablespoons of fresh dill and mix into the cream cheese. Adjust dill up or down according to your taste.
- Generously spread the cream cheese mixture on the dark rye bread circles. Top with a piece of smoked salmon and garnish with a sprig of fresh dill.