This Oven Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce is an easy and delicious side dish that I make for my family all the time (and the kids love it)! Chinese style side dish, oven roasted, flavorful and packed full of vitamins. The is the best broccoli side dish you'll ever have.
Personally I hate boiled and steamed broccoli, it's on equal footing with boiled peas. We often eat Butter Fried Peas as a side dish, and I have several different ways of roasting broccoli. My Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts is another family favorite.
Broccoli is very healthy to eat, some call it one of the world's healthiest foods. Full of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, calcium and more. The problem is that kids often don't like eating plain broccoli. Growing up as a kid, I only ate broccoli drowned in cheesy sauce. There are better ways to eat broccoli. I always tell my kids that I'm going to Make Broccoli Great Again! Trust me, they don't laugh. I reserve my right as a dad to tell Dad Jokes.
This Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe with garlic and soy sauce is incredibly easy to make, and full of flavor. Crispy broccoli, flavoured with roasted garlic then drizzled with soy. You'll never look at the humble broccoli the same again. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce
- 2 bunches of broccoli
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. I didn't wash my broccoli. If you do, then make sure it's fully dry before proceeding.
- Place broccoli on a baking tray. Using your hands, toss with olive oil and sliced garlic until completely coated.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, until the tips of the broccoli start to slightly brown.
- Remove from heat, toss in soy sauce and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy