This Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon & Cheese is one of my favorite summertime salads. An easy way to jam pack vegetables to your families diet. It’s a salad that almost eats like a meal. The only other salad I know that packs this many vegetables is my Greek Salad recipe.
There are many versions of Broccoli and Cauliflower salads out there, but not all of them taste as good as this one! There are no dried cranberries or activated almonds in this recipe, just a generous portion of crispy fried bacon and cheese. Everything tastes better with bacon and cheese, even your kids will love this recipe!
The easy salad dressing is quite sweet, almost like a coleslaw dressing. Start by adding ½ cup of sugar first and taste to adjust if you like. I think the recipe below is perfect, as the cheese and salty bacon balance out the flavors perfectly. My wife thinks it’s too sweet, so adjust according to your own tastes. I find its easier to dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice and vinegar before you add it to the mayonnaise. It’s best to make the dressing in advance to allow the sugar as much time as you can to dissolve. I always use a full fat mayo, it tastes better, covers the broccoli pieces better, and who are we kidding… the salad is healthy but not low fat healthy!
I love this Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheese, it’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, and dinners. Easy to make, full of flavor, with a quick homemade dressing. Trust me, the kids won’t even complain that they’re eating broccoli. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1lb/500g bacon rashers, crispy fried and chopped or crumbled
- 14oz/400g cheese, cubed
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar (or to taste, start with ⅓ cup)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, crumbled bacon, cheese and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white vinegar, lemon juice sugar and salt.
- Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the broccoli salad and mix together until evenly coated.