It’s so easy to make a pizza at home from scratch, especially if you have a bread maker with a dough cycle, and an easy bread maker pizza dough recipe. I love making a homemade Caramelised Onion, Mushroom and Bacon Pizza from scratch because it taste so much better. While calling Dominos is a convenient time saver, nothing beats the flavours of a home-made pizza. It’s so easy, you’ll look like an amazing cook with minimal effort.
I’ve bought the odd frozen pizza, but before putting it in the oven, adding extra cheese and meat, or peppers to make it taste less like cardboard. That’s basically the same steps required in making your own pizza. They sell pizza bases in the store, which speed up making home-made pizzas, however if you have the time, always make your own pizza dough.
I always have trouble remembering the correct timing of rising the year in the dough, letting it rest, and punching it and rising it again in a warm place. So I bought a Cuisinart bread machine, for the sole function of making yeast dough recipes for me! I make a mean cinnamon bun with cream cheese, but that’s for another time!
It takes 2 minutes to measure the ingredients to put inside the bread machine and 90 minutes for it to mix, rise, rest and complete the dough cycle. Just roll it out on a slightly floured surface, and load your sauce and toppings!
I have 2 large Pampered Chef baking trays which cater to the entire families pizza flavour preferences. We have 4 people in the house, with 4 different pizza preferences. In the recipe below, I made half with Hawaiian with fresh pineapple and Meatlovers with bbq sauce, and another with half Caramelised Onion, Mushroom and Bacon Pizza and Pepperoni pizza.
The flavour combinations are endless, from adding chorizo, roasted peppers, olives, spinach, feta…… I find something deliciously comforting about a thick mushroom layer on a pizza. This mushroom mixture is enough for one round 12″ pizza pan, if using traditional pizza pans. It’s delicious as a vegetarian pizza if you don’t add the bacon.
Now you have some great pizza ideas, like my Caramelised Onion, Mushroom and Bacon Pizza from Scratch. Making this bread maker pizza dough recipe will save you time and money, and provide you with better tasting pizzas. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 small onions
- 500 grams of sliced mushrooms - Portobello and Field
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of fresh thyme
- bbq sauce for drizzling
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 200 grams diced bacon or ham
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat. Slice an onion into thin strips. Add the onions into the frying pan and cook with sugar for approx 5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and onions caramelised
- Stir in the fresh thyme and allow to cool
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F
- Roll out the dough into a Pampered Chef Baking sheet or Pampered Chef Pizza Stone*
- Spoon a few tablespoons of pizza sauce on the dough, and use the back of the spoon to spread evenly. Drizzle a layer of bbq sauce in a zig zag pattern
- Place a generous handful of mozzarella cheese on the pizza sauce
- Spoon the caramelised onion and mushroom mixture evenly over the cheese
- Top with diced bacon over the mushroom mixture
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is crispy and the cheese is toasty
- 1 cup lukewarm water,
- ¾ teaspoon of sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 3 cups and 3 tablespoons of bread flour
- 1¾ teaspoons active dry yeast, or instant yeast
- Put all the ingredients in the bread machine, in the order they appear in the recipe. Use the dough program in the menu, option 8, and press start. It will talk about 1.5 hours to complete. Go have a coffee while your dough is being made in the bread maker.