This Easy Lamb Kofta recipe is a delicious way to enjoy lamb and is very easy to make. An easy meat skewer that you can bbq with mediterranean spices. Perfect for the summer barbecue season.
There are many different way to enjoy koftas. They are basically meatballs on a skewer, but some people will pan fry them without skewers, some steam, deep fry or even boil koftas. I think this Greek style Kofta skewer recipe is one of the more recognizable recipes.
How To Make Lamb Kofta
Every supermarket sells wooden skewers that are perfect when making koftas. Soak the wooden skewers for 1 hour. If they float, use something heavy to submerge them under water. Harissa Paste is a North African chili paste that' made with chili peppers, garlic and spices. I think this is the secret spice to tasty Lamb Koftas. To prepare the kofta meat mixture, using your hands mix all the ingredients together.
When shaping the lamb mixture onto the skewer, you want of make a meat sausage and push the soaked skewer through it. It can look a bit lumpy when skewered, just placed it on a plate and rolled it to level out the lumps. You can pre-make these the day before, just keep them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. When barbecuing the lamb kofta kebab, place the skewers across the grill lines, so you get a nice grill mark on the kofta. It only takes 8-10 minutes to grill these tasty lamb skewers!
What to Serve with Lamb Kofta
You can serve Lamb Kofta as part of a larger meal or as an appetizer. We enjoy this meal with hummus, olives, tzatziki and pita bread as part of a Mediterranean meal on a platter. If you have leftovers, they make great Pita sandwiches for lunch! Some serving ideas...
- Traditional Greek Salad
- Easy Tzatziki Sauce
- Roasted Chickpea Salad
- Grilled Octopus with Chorizo
- Yogurt Garlic Sauce
Looking for lamb recipes this summer? You gotta try this Lamb Kofta recipe for your next summer bbq party of cookout. It sounds fancy and exotic, but so easy to make. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Easy Lamb Kofta Recipe
- 1 lb /500g ground lamb
- 1 small onion super finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- ½ teaspoon sumac optional
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Place wooden skewers in water to soak, an hour would be ideal.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl. Using your hands, mix until combined.
- Using your hands, shape the meat mix around each wooden skewer, pressing firmly so it holds shape.
- Grill on a bbq until cooked, about 8-10 minutes. The skewers always seem to burn, so it's important to ensure they are soaked in water.
- Serve with pita bread and yogurt sauce or tzatziki.