This Easy Lamb Kofta recipe is a delicious way to enjoy lamb and is very easy to make. A bbq grilled skewer with cumin, paprika, coriander and sumac. Perfect for the summer barbecue season.
There are many different way to enjoy koftas. They are basically meatballs on a skewer, but some people will pan fry them without skewers, some steam, deep fry or even boil koftas. I think this Greek style Kofta skewer recipe is one of the more recognizable recipes.
I probably shouldn't write this next part, but I will. When shaping the lamb mixture onto the skewer, you kind of make a meat 'turd' and push the skewer through it. It can look a bit lumpy when skewered, I just placed it on a plate and rolled it to level out the lumps. When barbecuing the lamb kofta kebab, place it across the grill lines, so you get a nice grill mark on the skewers.
What to Serve with Lamb Kofta
You can serve Kofta as part of a larger meal or as an appetizer. We enjoy this meal with hummus, olives, tzatziki and pita bread with a traditional Greek Salad. Check out my easy Tzatziki recipe when making this Lamb Kofta recipe. Others eat this with a Couscous Salad, Chickpea Salad or with Fattoush Salad. If you have leftovers, they make great Pita sandwiches for lunch!
A delicious grilled Mediterranean classic with ground lamb, cumin ,coriander, sumac served with pita bread and Tzatziki sauce -Easy Lamb Kofta Recipe
Easy Lamb Kofta Recipe
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 small onion super finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon sumac optional
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Place wooden skewers in water to soak, an hour would be ideal.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl. Using your hands, mix until combined.
- Using your hands, shape the meat mix around each wooden skewer, pressing firmly so it holds shape.
- Grill on a bbq until cooked, about 8-10 minutes. The skewers always seem to burn, so it's important to ensure they are soaked in water.
- Serve with pita bread and yogurt sauce or tzatziki.