Ever get stuck on making plain boring hot dogs, and need some good hot dog topping ideas? The options are limitless, and depending where you are from, depends on how you eat your hot dogs.
Here in Australia, it’s more common to eat grilled sausages instead of American Hot Dogs, but these hot dog topping ideas would work great any styles of meat including Smokeys or Kransky sausages, or even Vienna Wieners… the list goes on.
My Tex-Mex Hot Dog is so easy to make, and you don’t need to make homemade chili from scratch. Go to your grocery store, buy a can of Stagg’s Chili, heat and it’s ready to spoon on the hot dog. Add grated cheese, and a handful of crushed Dorito’s and you’re done! Add some jalapeño’s for a spicy kick – It’s definitely one of my favorites!
My Sauerkraut Dog is almost and easier variation of the New York Dog, but instead of using fried onions, I use fresh chopped white onions. Delicious sauerkraut and and a dill pickle spear or slice, drizzled in mustard takes the humble hot dog to the next level. You could use kimchi instead of sauerkraut for a spicy kick.
Making hot dogs is a quick and easy dinner that is loved by my kids, and it’s easy to fancy up the recipe with easy toppings that you have at home. There are so many ways and flavors to enjoy this easy meal, hot dog topping ideas are endless. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 6 hot dogs and buns
- small jar sauerkraut
- small white onion, finely diced
- dill pickle spears or slices
- Prepare hot dogs per instructions. Boil, steam or grill.
- Assemble the hot dogs: Place a hot dog inside a slide bun. Place a sliced dill pickle alongside the hot dog. Using a fork, layer a generous amount of sauerkraut. Spoon the white onion and drizzle with mustard.
- 6 hot dogs and buns
- 1 can Stagg Chili
- grated cheese
- crushed Doritos Corn Chips
- sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Prepare hot dogs per instructions. Boil, steam or grill. Heat the Stagg Chili in a small saucepan until hot.
- Assemeble the hot dogs: Place a hot dog inside a slide bun. Spoon on the Stagg chili, layer with grated cheese, and top off with a handful of crushed Doritos.