Do you want to know the Secret to Easy Crispy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Everyone knows how to make ordinary grilled cheese sandwiches (grilled toasties). Not hard. Spread butter on the outside of the bread, on a hot frying pan or griddle, flip and done.
I don’t know about you, but I hate spreading the butter. If it’s not soft enough, it can tear the bread, or not fully cover the outside of the bread. First world problems, I know! But my cousin Tatyanna shared a secret with me. It’s so simple, that you would say, yes, I knew that, but it’s not the default way of making grilled cheese, but it should be! The secret to easy crispy grilled cheese sandwiches that are crispy on the outside is… mayo.
Yup. I can’t believe I never considered mayo instead of butter! So easy. Slather on some smooth mayo on the outside of the bread, I like using sourdough, and put the cheese on inside and grill! Sometimes I add ham and roasted peppers, but the possibilities are endless what you put inside. What you get on the outside is a nice and crispy sandwich. Who knew? Now you all do! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 4 pieces of bread
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat frying pan on medium heat.
- Spread mayo on 2 pieces of bread.
- Place a slice of bread, mayo'd side down on the frying pan.
- Add 2 cheese slices and place the other bread slice, mayo-d side up on the sandwich. The effect is a sandwich that has mayo on the outside of the bread instead of inside the sandwich.
- Grill until lightly brown and crispy and flip over and grill until crispy and cheese is melted. Repeat with more sandwiches if needed or make 2 at a time.