Easy 7 Bean Salad Recipe
An Easy 7 Bean Salad recipe perfect for large potlucks, church events, bbq's or summertime gatherings. Looks and tastes amazing!
Servings 20 servings
- 2 cans Kidney Beans
- 1 can Chickpeas Garbanzo Beans
- 1 can White Beans Cannellini Beans
- 1 can Butter Beans Lima Beans
- 2 can Borlotti Beans or Romano Beans
- 2 cans sliced Green Beans
- 2 cans sliced Yellow Wax Beans
- 2 Red Onions chopped finely
- 1 Red Pepper diced Capsicum
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced Capsicum
- 4 sticks Celery diced
Ingredients For the Dressing
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon dry Mustard powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Over a colander in the sink, drain the cans of beans and rinse well with water. Put the beans in a large bowl.
Add the onions, red pepper, yellow pepper and celery.
In a separate container, mix together the vinegar, sugar, mustard powder, salt and pepper and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the oil and mix.
Add the dressing to the bean mixture and toss gently until well coated.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the dressing to soak the into the bean salad. Best if you allow to marinate overnight in the fridge, mixing occasionally.