Easy Chicken Brine Recipe (Video)
Two flavorful chicken brine recipe that are both moist, tender and juicy. A wet brine and a dry brine recipe that you can use for any poultry, ready to roast or in a smoker for smoked chicken.
Servings 1 chicken
- 1 gallon / 4 litres of water
- ¾ cup table salt or use 1 cup of Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 small celery stalk
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt or coarse salt (1 teaspoon per pound of chicken)
- 5 teaspoons spice mix paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme
Place all ingredients into a stock pot. Bring to a boil, mixing the ensure the salt and sugar has dissolved. Boil for 4 minutes and remove from heat. Place into refrigerator until completely cooled before using.
Fully submerge chicken into cold brine solution. Cover and refrigerate at least overnight, up to 24 hours. Remove from brine, season and cook by your preferred method.