This family friendly Virgin Pina Colada recipe is so easy to make. All you need is a few ingredients and a blender! Add fresh pineapple for extra natural sweetness and tropical flavor! A creamy and refreshing summer mocktail, like my Alcohol Free Summer Sangria!
Origins of Pina Colada
Pina Colada has been the national drink of Puerto Rico since 1978. It's a sweet cocktail made with rum, coconut milk, and pineapple juice, usually served either blended in a blender or shaken with ice.
The name Pina Colada literally means "strained pineapple", a reference to the freshly pressed and strained pineapple juice. I'm imagining me on a Puerto Rican beach, being served freshly made drinks! I'm in! 🍍Thank goodness we don't have to strain fresh pineapples to make Pina Coladas. They sell pineapple juice in stores! 🤣
How to Make Virgin Pina Colada
This is a family friendly Virgin Pina Colada, which is alcohol free. You only need 3 ingredients to make Pina Coladas. Just throw them all into a blender and you're done! You only need to get the ratios right.
- Pineapple Juice
- Coconut Milk
Not all pineapple juice is sweet, add sugar syrup to sweeten to taste. To make sugar syrup, boil 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes and allow to cool. Add sugar to sweeten instead of syrup. Make sure the granules are fully dissolved before serving.
Pina Colada Tips
- For a creamier drink, use Coconut Cream instead of Coconut Milk
- Add fresh strawberries to make Strawberry Pina Colada
- Make classic Pina Colada by adding white rum (not kid friendly!)
- Add canned crushed pineapple when blending for texture and flavor
- Instead of sugar, try honey!
Non Alcoholic Drinks You'll Love
- Cranberry Party Punch
- Non Alcoholic Summer Sangria
- Homemade Eggnog
- Sweet Lemon Iced Tea
- Old Fashioned Cranberry Juice
I love drinking this fun non-alcoholic drink with my family. Sitting by the pool on a summer's day, feels so tropical, who needs to travel? Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple optional
- Place all the ingredients into the jug of a blender and blend on high until smooth and not lumpy.
- Serve in a cool glass,and garnish with a pineapple slice.