Plump and juicy, Thai Beef Rissoles are an easy and delicious weeknight meal. These savory, herbed ground beef patties are packed with the best flavors of Thailand, drizzled with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce. With an easy prep and cook time, these rissoles can be on your dinner table in under 30 minutes.
Everyone loves eating Thai food, full of flavor, spice and bit exotic too! It's definitely more exciting than eating traditional beef rissoles! Authentic Thai flavours like garlic, ginger, chili, basil and cilantro mixed with beef to make delicious patties.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy Weeknight Dinner - and easy and flavorful dinner that only takes 30 minutes
- Family Friendly - kids and adults will love rissoles
- Thai Fusion - vibrant, authentic Thai flavors elevate your homemade rissoles
- Healthy - sneak in hidden vegetables, or bake for a lower fat version
What are Australian Rissoles?
Rissoles are a meat patty or a squashed meatballs that's served for dinner as the main dish. Packed with vegetables, herbs and breadcrumbs, and sometimes can be covered in a crumbed coating. Pan fried or barbecued (or with air fryer instructions below). Not usually served as a sandwich or as a hamburger, but can be. Popular in Australia and New Zealand.
Ingredients in Beef Rissoles
- Beef Mince - ground beef, the leaner the better
- Vegetables - red capsicum, carrot, onion and garlic
- Aromatics - garlic, ginger
- Fresh Herbs - coriander, Thai basil
- Bread Crumbs - makes your rissoles lighter and less dense
- Egg - to help bind it all together
- Sauces - fish sauce, soy sauce, Thai Sweet Chili and lime
How to Make Beef Rissoles
- Prepare Vegetables - grate onion, red capsicum, carrot and ginger
- Mix - place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combines
- Form - firmly shape round meatballs using ¼ cup of meat mixture. Press to flatten
- Cook - heat skillet with oil and fry about 4 minutes per side over medium low heat
- Serve - drizzle or dip in extra Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Air Fryer Rissoles
Fastest way to cook rissoles is in an air fryer. It's a healthier method without needing to fry in oil. Using an air fryer is a timesaver, economical, and makes clean up fast and easy.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Heat air fryer to 400°F/200°C.
- Cook rissoles for 10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
What to Serve with Rissoles
Beef Rissoles are the hero of your dinner plate, so you want to serve them with amazing side dishes to balance your healthy meal.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Garden Salad
- Sautéed Snow Peas
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Sweet Capsicum Salad with Asian Dressing
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Change the Mince - swap out beef with chicken mince, turkey, pork or lamb
- Add Zucchini - substitute capsicum with grated zucchini
- Panko - dip your rissole into egg before rolling it in Panko crumbs for a crispy fried rissole
- Indent Rissoles - using your thumb, press a slight indent on one side of the rissole before cooking. This limits the round puffing while frying to keep the flat, and you won't push rissole down with flipper, squeezing out the juices
- Thai Basil Substitute - use Italian basil chopped with a sprig of fresh mint with a pinch of ground fennel
- Spice it Up - garnish with thinly sliced red chili peppers or Pickled Chili Peppers
- Fridge - allow to cool, place in an airtight container. Enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Freezer - place leftover rissoles in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Freeze and enjoy within 3 months.
Leftover Rissoles Ideas
- Sandwich - perfect for lunch the next day
- San Choy Bow - chop up rissoles for an easy lettuce cup meal
- Healthy Wrap - place inside whole wheat wrap with salad
- Omelette - chop and fry with your omelette for breakfast
- Fried Rice - add to fried rice or even Cauliflower Fried Rice
Easy Dinner Recipes You'll Love
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- Grilled Snapper with Mango Salsa
- Chicken Banh Mi
- Sweet Chili Chicken Drumsticks
- Kimchi Fried Rice with Chicken
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Don't settle for a plain rissole or meat patty, but try these tender and juicy Beef Rissoles recipe. Jam packed with flavor, these Thai meatballs will become a family favorite. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 500 grams (1 lb) lean ground beef
- 1 small onion grated (¼ cup)
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ small red capsicum grated (¼ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger grated
- 1 lime zested and squeezed for juice
- ¼ cup fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ¼ cup Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Using a box grater, grate onion, red capsicum and carrots.
- Place all ingredients (including sauces) in a bowl and mix together using your hands.
- Take ¼ cup of meat mixture and firmly shape into a round meatball. Press to flatten into a rissole (about ⅔" thick). Leave indent with your thumb on one side of the patty for it maintain shape while cooking.
- Heat skillet with oil, and fry rissoles for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Serve with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, garnish with coriander.
©PetersFoodAdventures.com *originally posted January 2016, updated April 2023