Sriracha Mayo is a zesty condiment that adds a spicy kick to your favorite recipes. This tangy and spicy sauce can transform an average meal into a flavor packed dinner!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy - only takes a minute to make
- Budget Friendly - don't overpay at the supermarket, so much cheaper to make it yourself
- Customizable - control the heat - make it extra spicy or mild, it's up to you!
- Low Fat Version - use fat free mayo for a flavorful, low calorie dip!
What is Sriracha Sauce?
Sriracha Chili Sauce is one of my favorite spicy condiments! If you haven't heard of Sriracha sauce, maybe you've been living under a rock! Has Thai origins, but famously produced in the USA. Made with Chili Peppers and Garlic, so versatile, it goes with everything!
- Mayonnaise - choose your favorite creamy mayo
- Sriracha Sauce - use Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (the original)
How to make Sriracha Mayo
It's incredibly simple to make and you can adjust your spiciness to your perfect ratio blend. For a spicier mayo, use ⅓ cup or more of Sriracha. There is nothing else to add. Sriracha is made from chili peppers and garlic, so you don't need to add more garlic or chili. It's already in the sauce!
- In a small bowl, mix together Mayonaisse and Sriracha Sauce.
- Taste and adjust by adding more Mayo or Sriracha to your preference.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy.
How to Use Sriracha Mayo
Once you start making homemade spicy mayo, you'll use it on everything! Most commonly used as a dipping sauce, or a spread, however the sky's the limit with these delicious suggestions.
- Fry Sauce - perfect for dipping your Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Burger Sauce or Sandwich Spread - adds a creamy and spicy kick
- Taco Night - drizzle over Tacos or wraps
- Salads - use as a spicy salad dressing, mix into Potato Salad or Asian Coleslaw
- Dipping Sauce - everything from Chicken Strips to Spring Rolls
- Asian Fusion - drizzle over sushi, or with your Salmon Rice Bowl
- Seafood Sauce - enjoy with your Fish and Chips or alongside Salt and Pepper Shrimp
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Chill - after mixing, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld together
- Too Spicy? - add a teaspoon of Greek Yogurt to mellow out the flavor, and extra added creaminess
- Thin it Out - for a runnier sauce (less dip but more drizzle) mix in a teaspoon of water
Sriracha Mayo Variations
- Cilantro - chop cilantro for a fresh Thai flavors
- Japanese - use Japanese Mayo and mix in a teaspoon of Miso paste
- Garlic Explosion - mix through a clove of minced garlic - this is powerful!
- Asian - mix a teaspoon of soy sauce, lime juice and a teaspoon of honey
- Mexican - mix through smokey Chipotle spice or add Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce for a Latino twist!
- Spicy Aioli - substitute Mayo with Aioli
- Bbq - add bbq sauce or mustard for an American twist
- Fridge - place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Check for signs of spoilage before using.
- Freezer - not recommended as it changes the texture of the sauce after defrosting.
Can I Make This Vegan?
Yes, substitute with Vegan Mayo, and use agave syrup instead of honey.
Sauce Recipes You've Got to Try!
- Creamy Sweet Chili Sauce
- Pesto Mayo
- The tastiest Tartar Sauce You'll ever try!
- Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce
- Yogurt Garlic Sauce
- Mango Chili Sauce
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
It's hard to believe people buy Sriracha Mayo, instead of making it. It's just about getting the ratios right to your preference. Just mix and stir. An easy recipe that's customizable, with so many ways to enjoy. It's so tasty, you'll never buy the store-bought version again. It's the easiest spicy mayo to make! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 cup mayonnaise try Japanese Mayo
- ¼ - ⅓ cup Sriracha Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo and Sriracha sauce.
- Taste. Adjust more mayo or Sriracha as your tastebuds allow.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy.