This Oven Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce is an easy and delicious side dish that I make for my family all the time (and the kids love it)! Chinese style side dish, oven roasted, flavorful and packed full of vitamins. The is the best broccoli side dish you'll ever have.
Personally I hate boiled and steamed broccoli, it's on equal footing with plain boiled peas. We often eat Butter Fried Peas as a side dish, and I have several different ways of roasting broccoli. My Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts is another family favorite.
Is Broccoli Healthy?
Well this one is obvious, YES! Broccoli is very healthy to eat, some call it one of the world's healthiest foods. Full of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, calcium and more. The problem is that kids often don't like eating plain broccoli. Growing up as a kid, I only ate broccoli drowned in cheesy sauce. There are better ways to eat broccoli. I always tell my kids that I'm going to Make Broccoli Great Again! 🤣 Trust me, they don't laugh. I reserve my right as a dad to tell Dad Jokes.
Roasted Garlic Broccoli Ingredients
This roasted broccoli recipe is so easy to make, it only has 5 ingredients. You don't need to buy any fancy ingredients, you probably already have these in your pantry!
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh garlic
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
How To Make Oven Roasted Broccoli
Firstly, you want to cut the broccoli florets to roughly the same size. You want to use dry broccoli. If washing the broccoli, wipe with a towel and allow to dry before proceeding. The olive oil won't coat wet broccoli, and you want your florets to crips up and have great flavor.
Toss the broccoli with sliced garlic and olive oil, until it's all coated. To minimize washing extra dishes, toss it all in the paper lined roasting pan, otherwise you can use a bowl to mix. Roast at 200°C/400°F for about 15 minutes. Toss in soy sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Use clean and dry broccoli
- Cut all the broccoli pieces the same size
- Don't use minced garlic or garlic powder, it will burn. Use sliced garlic for best flavor. If using minced garlic, toss it through the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of roasting.
- You can make this ahead of time, but it's best when made and served immediately.
Check Out My Other Green Side Dishes!
- Asian Snow Peas with Pine Nuts
- Butter Fried Peas
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Pinenuts
- Roasted Garlic Asparagus
- Sautéed Brussel Sprouts with Chorizo
- Grilled Zucchini
- Garlic Butter Green Beans
This Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe with garlic and soy sauce is incredibly easy to make, and full of flavor. Crispy Chinese broccoli is a tasty and healthy side dish. It's vegetarian friendly, , flavoured with roasted garlic then drizzled with soy. You'll never look at the humble broccoli the same again. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 bunches of broccoli
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Place broccoli on a baking tray. Using your hands, toss with olive oil and sliced garlic until completely coated.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, until the tips of the broccoli start to slightly brown.
- Remove from heat, toss in soy sauce and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy