Non Alcoholic Sangria is something fun for the holidays or for your next summer party that everyone can enjoy. A summertime favorite, Virgin Sangria that's not a fruit punch, but tastes like Sangria.
This is a Non Alcoholic Sangria recipe, not a fruit punch recipe. If you're looking for a juice based punch, check out my Cranberry Punch which we make during the holidays. The point of a Sangria Cocktail, is that you want it to taste similar to the real thing!
Why Non Alcoholic Sangria?
There are many reasons why people choose not to drink. For some, it's to balance out their week from when they do drink. Other people don't drink for religious reasons, and some choose to never drink at all, or are former drinkers. So if you're hosting a party, consider to include everyone in the festivities, which is why you want to make a real Sangria that's non-alcoholic.
How to Use Non Alcoholic Wine
It's obvious that Non Alcoholic Sangria should have Non Alcoholic Wine, but you'd be surprised at the recipes out there. Alcohol Free Wines are available in most supermarkets, and not all of them taste very good. Rule of thumb, the more you spend on de-alcoholized wine, the better it will taste.
Maybe you found yourself here trying to find a way to use up Non Alcoholic Wine, and this summer White Sangria might be the perfect recipe! Non Alcoholic wine can be used exactly the same way as regular wine. Chill the white, and maintain the red slightly cooler than room temperature.
What White Wine is Best for Sangria
This recipe is based on a bottle of de-alcholized white Wine and de-alcholized white Sparkling Wine. It's the perfect summer sangria recipe with a bit of extra fizz to make a Sparkling Sangria. In Australia, it's summer during Christmas, so this can also be your Christmas Sangria recipe. The types of wine you choose are up to you, from sweet to dry. Here are some suggestions, all should be found in non-alcoholic versions.
Sweeter White Wines
- Sweet Riesling
- White Zinfandel
- Rose Wines
- Late Harvest Semillon/Sauvignon
Dryer White Wines
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Grigio
- Dry Riesling
- Pinot Gris
Sweet Sparkling Wines
- Sparkling Riesling
- Sweet Prosecco
- Sparkling Rose Wine
- Martinelli's Sparkling Cider (if you can't find anything else)
White Peach Sangria
Sangria is just cold wine without adding fruit! To make a white sangria, you want to add fruit that doesn't alter the color of the white wine. Sliced peaches are the most popular fruit added to white sangria recipes. However, in this recipe I also added white cherries. White Peach and White Cherry Sangria is the perfect flavor combination. If you want your sangria to taste 'very peachy' then puree a peach in a food processor before adding it to your mix
What types of Fruits in Sangria?
There are many flavor combinations of fruit you can add to sangria. Many people mix in orange juice, however I find that it overpowers it, and prefer to add the more subtle orange slices. Here are my favorite Sangria fruit suggestions.
- Mango slices
- Sliced Apple
How to Make Alcoholic Sangria
This is pretty easy, just substitute regular White Wine and Sparkling White Wine in this Sangria recipe. Some people like to make their alcoholic Sangria even stronger by pouring in extra vodka or white rum. For a sweet, gentler liqueur flavor, try adding St Germain Elderflower Liqueur. It adds a sweet, perfumed, almost pear like flavor to your Sangria. I'm sure you are all responsible adults, which is why you are here reading this family friendly post!
- If you don't want to use de-alcoholized wine, subsitute with Appletizer or Sparkling Apple Juice or Sparkling Grape
- To make a Sangria Punch, use a bottle of white Grape Juice with a bottle of Mineral Water for fizz
- I made this in a pitcher, you can double the recipe and serve in a larger punch bowl for a party
- Sweeten your Sangria by adding Sprite or 7-UP
- Add some Elderflower Cordial for a gentle perfumed taste
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves or a slice of lime
Drink Recipes You'll Love
- Homemade Cranberry Juice
- Virgin Pina Colada
- Cranberry Punch with whole Cranberries
- Homemade Blackcurrant Juice
- Hot Apple Cider
I'm sure everyone will appreciate the effort to being included as part of your drinks menu at your next party. Too often, the non-drinkers are an after thought, left with only soft drinks and water. This recipe will be a hit with everyone, some might not even know it's not alcoholic. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 Peaches
- ½ pound /250g White Cherries
- 1 bottle non alcoholic White Wine
- 1 bottle non alcoholic Sparkling Wine
- Sprite or 7-UP to taste optional
- Slice the peaches into thin wedges, and remove pips from the white cherries.
- Fill a glass pitcher with a bit of ice and add the sliced fruit.
- Pour the non alcoholic White Wine and non alcholic Sparkling Wine into a large pitcher or punch bowl. Adjust sweetness with Sprite or 7-UP (optional)
- Garnish with fresh mint or a slice of lime.
©Peter's Food Adventures