Moroccan Potatoes are an easy side with authentic flavor for your next roast dinner. Don't eat plain boring roasted potatoes, try this flavor explosion instead, with Air Fryer and Oven instructions.
Who doesn't like roasted potatoes? Truthfully, I'm not a huge fan of traditional roast potatoes, but this Moroccan Crispy Roasted Potatoes recipe is delicious! I love Middle Eastern spices, such as cumin or spicy Harissa. Sometimes you just need a change from plain roasted potatoes and carrots! It's a perfect accompaniment with my Roasted Chickpea Salad or Garbanzo Bean Salad, completing the sides of a Mediterranean dinner!
How to make Crispy Roasted Potatoes
This is an easy recipe that simply requires coating the potatoes in olive oil and Mediterranean spices. It's the Moroccan spices that make this potato recipe a standout. Cumin, Paprika, Turmeric, lots of fresh garlic. If you can find Harissa paste, make sure you add that for a spicy kick. Harissa paste is made from Africa roasted peppers mixed with garlic, caraway and coriander seeds and cumin for a flavorful taste.
I just mix in all the spices and liquid ingredients together in a glass measuring jug and pour over the peeled potatoes. Toss them and place into a roasting try. About halfway through the roasting, just turn them over using a spatula or spoon. Some recipes require extra steps like par-boiling the potatoes. You could parboil, however, it adds time, and I just want great tasting roast potato that's quick and easy to make.
Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes
I recently bought the Instant Pot Air Fryer, and this has been such a time saver for quick roasted potatoes. Normally this recipe takes about 45 minutes in a regular oven, which works great when you are already roasting food. But sometimes you just want roasted potatoes as a side dish.
I love making this recipe when I make Instant Pot Roast Lamb. I don't use the oven for that recipe, obviously, and having the Air Fryer cooks them in about 20 minutes. The easy Moroccan flavors compliment roast lamb perfectly. Don't skip the Harissa paste, I love the flavor and spice they add. Plus the Air Fryer makes them crispy every time!
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or with parsley when serving.
- Cut all your potatoes the same size for even roasting
- Use fresh garlic, not garlic paste for better flavor
- Add extra veggies, like carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, or even cauliflower
- Use an Air Fryer, it saves so much time, and potatoes are crispy every time!
Potato Side Dishes You'll Love
- French Onion Soup Potato Bake
- Chinese Crispy Roast Potatoes
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Potato Wedges with Fresh Herbs
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Everyone is going to love these Moroccan Roasted Potatoes, jam packed with Moroccan spices and optional spicy Harissa! No par-boiling, just crispy roasted on a baking sheet, perfect with your roast chicken dinner, a tagine meal or your next holiday roast turkey feast! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Moroccan Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer or Oven
- 2 lbs /1 kg potatoes peeled and quartered
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon Vegeta chicken or vegetable stock powder
- *if you want it spicy, add 2 teaspoons of Harissa paste
Moroccan Potatoes Preparation
- In a glass measuring cup, combine all the ingredients (minus the potatoes) mixing together using a fork or whisk.
- Peel potatoes and quarter, trying to keep them all the same size.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, add the oil and spice mixture and toss until they are all thoroughly covered.
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/375°F
- Put the coated potatoes in a shallow baking pan in a single layer, pouring any leftover marinade over the potatoes.
- Roast for 30 minutes then turn over the potatoes. Turn up the temperature to 200°C/400°F and continue to roast until crispy and golden brown. (about 15 more minutes)
Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes
- Preheat Air Fryer to 200°C/400°F
- Place the potatoes, one or two layers deep maximum in the air fryer.
- Air Fry for about 20 minutes. At around 10 minutes of cooking, toss the potatoes so they turn over to ensure they are crispy all over.