Grilled Chicken Mango Salsa is a perfect summertime meal, quick and easy to make on your backyard barbecue.
Summer in Australia brings an abundance of fruits and vegetables, including mangoes, which are called King of Fruits. Once you eat a ripe mango from a tree, you'll understand why it has that name! And you'll need some great mango recipe ideas like this one.
I usually buy boxes of mangoes during mango season and eat them with everything. We have them for dessert on a Pavlova, I make a Mango Chili Sauce as a dipping sauce. And of course, Mango Salsa.
How to eat Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa with tomatoes is a delicious way to enjoy mangoes. It's easy to use it as a dip or as a condiment to your tacos or nachos. But my favorite way to eat Mango Salsa is on a piece of bbq grilled chicken. It's a healthy dinner that's light to eat, yet filling. It's also tasty of fish like Grilled Tuna or even Salmon.
Ripe mangoes are the key for a tasty Grilled Chicken Mango Salsa. If the mangoes are green or unripe, you will need to add about a half teaspoon of sugar to sweeten it. Try to find firm, but ripe mangoes for this recipe.
I use chicken breasts that are flattened using a food mallet. This helps the chicken to cook evenly on the grill. It's best to prepare the salsa ahead of time. This allows time for the flavors to develop. If you like a spicier salsa, use a Habanero Pepper instead of a Jalapeño Pepper. It's such an easy recipe. Flatten the meat, grill and spoon of the salsa. Dinner is served!
It's the ultimate grilled chicken summer meal. A chicken mango salsa recipe that's fresh, easy to make and full of flavor. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 4 chicken breasts seasoned
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1½ cups ripe tomatoes chopped
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together mango, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld together.
- Take the chicken breasts and season them all over with seasoning of your choice. ie. Cajun or Steak Spice. Place on a hot bbq or frying pan and cook until ready.
- Generously spoon on the mango tomato salsa on the grilled chicken breasts and enjoy.