This Creamy Tuna Pasta is a delicious and easy weekday dinner that will leave your family begging for more. A tasty budget meal that's made with canned Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe. Ready in under 30 minutes, making it an ideal choice for when you need a delicious and satisfying meal in a hurry.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Fast - ready in 30 minutes, perfect when you're in a hurry
- Makes lots - enough for dinner with leftovers for tomorrow
- Economical - budget friendly with ingredients you have in your pantry
My kids love pouring Sweet Thai Chili Sauce for a bit of a sweet and spicy kick to this canned tuna dinner.
Campbell's Soup Recipe
Using Campbell's Soup as a creamy base for your tuna pasta is such a time saver! Condensed soups are used as a recipe base for countless recipes. They are budget friendly and available in every supermarket. Here are some canned soup suggestions!
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cream of Celery
- Cream of Bacon
- Cream of Broccoli
- Cream of Asparagus Soup.
Make it your own by adding your favorite vegetables to create your perfect creamy tuna pasta. Some of the raw vegetables will need more cooking time in sauce before you toss your pasta. Always sneak in veggies when you can, even frozen vegetables are perfect to use!
Best Pasta for Tuna Pasta?
You can use whatever dried pasta you have in your pantry, however some work better than others. I don't recommend that long noodle varieties like Angel Hair or Spaghetti, but short bite sized pastas.
- Fusilli or Rotini
- Pasta Shells
How to Make Creamy Tuna Pasta
- Saute onions and celery until soft. Add white wine
- Stir in mushroom soup, milk, frozen corn, peas and canned tuna
- Simmer, season and add the grated cheese
- Toss in the cooked pasta, and top with crunchy topping
Crunchy Tuna Pasta Topping
My favorite part of this stovetop tuna casserole is the crunchy topping. Some recipes make an au gratin from breadcrumbs and cheese, but that takes too long when you are in a hurry.
Topping Life Hack: Buy some croutons, smash them up into crumbs using a rolling pin, and sprinkle them on top of the pasta. Easy and done! Other topping ideas;
- Crushed Ritz Crackers
- Smashed Potato Chips
- Caesar Salad Croutons
- Chow Mein Noodles
30 Minute Dinner Recipes You'll Love
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Hot Chicken Sandwich Drowned in Gravy
- French Dip with Au Jus
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Bacon
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Dinner
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
Creamy Tuna Pasta is an easy one pan dinner that your family will love. Quick to make and budget friendly, we all have canned tuna and canned soup in our pantry! If you love tuna casserole, you'll love this stovetop version. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Creamy Tuna Skillet Pasta
- 1 pound (500g) pasta cooked 'al dente'
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1 onion diced
- oil for frying
- ½ cup white wine optional
- 1 can condensed Campbell's Mushroom Soup
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup frozen corn or kernels from 1 cob corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large can tuna in spring water 15 oz/425g
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups Caesar Salad Croutons crushed
Creamy Tuna Skillet Pasta
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil and sauté the onion and celery until soft and translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer for another minute.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, milk, corn, peas, tuna and evenly mix until it's without lumps. Simmer for a few minutes. Gradually add in the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta through the cheesy sauce and top with the crunchy topping.
- Crush the Caesar Salad Croutons into crumbs using a rolling pin. Sprinkle over the Creamy Tuna Pasta. Serve immediately with Sweet Chili Sauce.
©PetersFoodAdventures.com *originally posted October 2018, updated March 2023
This looks like a delicious dinner Peter! Yummo! It is great to see a recipe that is not too heavy on the protein!
Thanks Adrianne! Someone’s it’s too hard to cook a complicated dinner! This one is nice and easy!