This creamy Tuna Pasta is easy to make, perfect for lunch of dinner! It's like a Potato Bake including the crunchy topping, but made as a one pan skillet meal. A tasty budget meal that's made with canned Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe.
This easy Skillet Tuna Pasta Recipe is perfect with you've run out of time, but need to make dinner for your family, and it's large enough for leftovers. It's made with basic ingredients that most of us have in our pantry, and still tastes great! My kids love pouring Sweet Thai Chili Sauce for a bit of a sweet and spicy kick to this canned tuna recipe.
Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
I don't usually cook dinner using condensed soup cans as the base, but they can be a time saver. You will either love or hate Tuna Casserole, but hopefully you'll love this easy Tuna Pasta Skillet recipe. Campbell's condensed soups are used as a recipe base for countless recipes. They are budget friendly and available in every supermarket. Here are some canned soup substitutes you can try!
- Cream of Celery
- Cream of Bacon
- Cream of Broccoli
- Cream of Asparagus Soup.
Creamy Tuna Pasta with Vegetables
You could add many different vegetables into this Skillet Tuna Pasta Recipe. It's always a good idea to sneak in extra vegetables when you can. Some of the raw vegetables will need more cooking time in sauce before you toss your pasta. Honestly, just use whatever you have in your fridge.
What Type of Pasta for Tuna Pasta?
You can use whatever dried pasta you have in your pantry, however some work better than others. I don't recommend that long noodle varieties like Angel Hair or Spaghetti, but short bite sized pastas.
- Fusilli or Rotini
- Pasta Shells
How to Make Skillet Creamy Tuna Pasta
- Saute onions and celery until soft. Add white wine
- Stir in mushroom soup, milk, frozen corn, peas and canned tuna
- Simmer, season and add the grated cheese
- Toss in the cooked pasta, and top with crunchy topping
Crunchy Creamy Tuna Pasta Topping
My favorite part of this Stovetop Tuna Pasta Recipe is the crunchy topping. Most recipes make an au gratin from breadcrumbs and cheese, but that takes too long when you are in a hurry. Topping Life Hack- Buy some croutons, smash them up into crumbs using a rolling pin, and sprinkle them on top of the pasta. Easy and done! Other topping ideas;
- Crushed Ritz Crackers
- Smashed Potato Chips
- Caesar Salad Croutons
- Chow Mein Noodles
Easy 30 Minute Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Hot Chicken Sandwich Drowned in Gravy
Creamy Skillet Tuna Pasta Recipe is a classic family dinner that they will either love or hate, and with this easy recipe you get to clean out your pantry using up that can of tuna hidden in corner... We've all been there, besides canned tuna lasts forever. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Creamy Tuna Skillet Pasta
- 1 pound /500g pasta cooked 'al dente'
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1 onion diced
- oil for frying
- ½ cup white wine optional
- 1 can condensed Campbell's Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups milk or fill empty soup can with milk
- 1 cup frozen corn or kernels from 1 cob corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large can tuna in spring water 15 oz/425g
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups Caesar Salad Croutons crushed
Creamy Tuna Skillet Pasta
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil and sauté the onion and celery until soft and translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer for another minute.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, milk, corn, peas, tuna and evenly mix until it's without lumps. Simmer for a few minutes. Gradually add in the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta through the cheesy sauce and top with the crunchy topping.
- Crush the Caesar Salad Croutons into crumbs using a rolling pin. Sprinkle over the Creamy Tuna Pasta. Serve immediately with Sweet Chili Sauce.