Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Chorizo and Balsamic Glaze is one of my favorite side dishes during the holidays and I used to hate Brussel sprouts!
Maybe it's because when you think of Brussel Sprouts, you might think of a plain steamed tasteless side dish that your mother made you eat as a child. Thank goodness there are tastier Brussel sprout recipes.
What to Sauté Brussel Sprouts with?
My wife loves Sauteed Brussel sprouts and has introduced me to different ways of eating this healthy vegetable. Some people consider this one of the world's healthiest vegetables, high in vitamin C and K and minerals. However, my recipe will be much less healthy after adding spicy chorizo sausages and a thick balsamic glaze! This is the best way to sauté brussel sprouts!
If you're cooking for a large dinner, you can easily double the recipe, as I'm sure this flavor combination will impress your family. I always buy my balsamic glaze, but you can make it at home by simmering balsamic vinegar with brown sugar or honey, as it reduces and thickens. This recipe is a great side dish that accompanies Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Pine Nuts. Make your plate colorful!
These Sauteed Brussel Sprouts drizzled with balsamic glaze are so easy to make and full of flavor. A perfect side dish for your Christmas, Thanksgiving or holiday celebration table. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb/500g brussel sprouts cut in half and trimmed
- 1 chorizo sausage halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
- In a frying pan, cook the sliced chorizo until cooked. Set aside but save the oils in the frying pan.
- Fill a large pot with water, with a steamer insert, and bring to a boil. Add the brussel sprouts to the steamer and steam for no longer than 5 minutes, until they are starting to soften and lightly cook through. Remove from steamer and set aside.
- Add the onions to the frying pan with the oils from the chorizo. Saute onions until its caramelised. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the frying pan, sauté the steamed brussel sprouts for 5 minutes, until they start to slightly brown and caramelize. Combine the chorizo and onion into the cooked brussel sprouts and mix until combined.
- Drizzle a Balsamic Glaze over the brussel sprouts before serving.