This family friendly Virgin Pina Colada recipe is so easy to make. All you need is a few ingredients and a blender! Add fresh pineapple for extra natural sweetness and tropical flavor! A creamy and refreshing summer mocktail!
Origins of Pina Colada
Pina Colada has been the national drink of Puerto Rico since 1978. According to Wikipedia, Pina Colada is a sweet cocktail made with rum, coconut cream or coconut milk, and pineapple juice, usually served either blended or shaken with ice.
The name Pina Colada literally means "strained pineapple", a reference to the freshly pressed and strained pineapple juice. I'm imagining me on a Puerto Rican beach, being served freshly made drinks! I'm in! 🍍
Thanks goodness we don't have to strain fresh pineapples to make Pina Coladas. They sell pineapple juice in stores! 🤣
Easy Mocktail Recipe
I'm making a family friendly Virgin Pina Colada, which is alcohol free. You only need 3 ingredients to make Pina Coladas; Pineapple Juice, Coconut Milk and Ice. Just throw it all into a blender and you're done! You only need to get the ratios right.
Not all pineapple juice is sweet, so you might need to add sugar syrup to sweeten to taste. To make sugar syrup, boil 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes and allow to cool. If you're adding sugar instead of syrup, make sure the granules are fully dissolved before serving.
Pina Colada Tips
- For a creamier drink, use Coconut Cream instead of Coconut Milk
- Add fresh strawberries to make Strawberry Pina Colada
- Make classic Pina Colada by adding white rum (not kid friendly!)
- Add canned crushed pineapple when blending for texture and flavor
- Instead of sugar, try honey!
I love drinking this fun non-alcoholic drink with my family. Sitting by the pool on a summer's day, feels so tropical, who needs to travel? Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple optional
- Place all the ingredients into the jug of a blender and blend on high until smooth and not lumpy.
- Serve in a cool glass,and garnish with a pineapple slice.