Everyone will love this Easy Stove Top Stuffing recipe, especially the cook. No one wants to spend extra time in the kitchen unnecessarily. It's the perfect side dish with Oven Roasted Turkey, or even a Juicy Roast Chicken dinner.
How is Stovetop Stuffing Made?
This isn't the type of stuffing that you traditionally stuff inside the raw turkey, but made on the stove. When making traditional stuffing inside a turkey, you can risk getting sick if the internal temperature of your turkey isn't hot enough. Making Stove top Stuffing removes any concern about improperly cooked stuffing. I prefer the buttery flavor of this recipe. Obviously, it's made in a large stock pot on the stove top, which allows you to adjust the taste as you cook it.
We usually make a Deep Fried Christmas Turkey as it usually takes under an hour to cook. Deep frying a turkey doesn't allow you to make the usual stuffing, so this recipe works perfectly. When we Smoke a Turkey, we also follow this recipe. After all, what's Thanksgiving or Christmas without stuffing?
I use regular sliced supermarket bread (crusts on), but you can use fancier bread if you like. Sometimes we even add more butter than the recipe calls, it adds so much flavor. To off-set the use of butter, my wife adds some chicken stock to give it extra depth and flavor (but don't be shy to add more butter).
Is Stove Top Stuffing Vegetarian?
This recipe isn't a vegetarian version but can be very easily adapted. I use chicken stock and chicken stock powder in this recipe. Just replace it with vegetarian stock and vegetable stock powder. It's an easy addition to a vegetarian Christmas dinner.
I hated Turkey Stuffing until our friend Lisa introduced us to a version of this easy Turkey Stuffing. I was totally hooked from there. It's been a Christmas staple along side my wife's Pavlova Trifle and Duck Fat Potatoes. Now part of our family Australian Christmas meals.
Ridiculously easy Stove Top Stuffing that your family will love this holiday and Thanksgiving season. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Stove Top Stuffing Recipe
- 1 loaf of sliced bread cubed
- 6 ribs celery sliced
- 2 medium onions quartered and sliced
- ½ lb /250g mushrooms sliced (optional)
- ½ lb /250g butter half a block
- 1 cup liquid chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- In a large stockpot, melt approx half the butter and saute the onion and celery pieces until they start to soften (about 12-15 minutes). If you are adding mushrooms add them in and cook for a further 7 minutes until all the water has been released.
- Add the remaining butter and sage and stir until the butter is melted.
- Add the bread pieces mix through. Add the liquid chicken stock and parsley and mix together. Sprinkle the chicken stock powder, mix and taste and adjust if necessary. Set aside in a warm until ready to serve.