This easy Baked Brie recipe with Lingonberry sauce is a tasty appetizer, especially popular during the holidays. The best part is it only takes 15 minutes to make! You use my homemade Cranberry Sauce if you can't find lingonberry sauce.
Lingonberries are common in Northern Russia and in Nordic countries. They're similar to Cranberries, except Lingonberries grow in forests and cranberries grow in bogs. Lingonberries aren't Cranberries, although often confused with each other. I think I prefer Lingonberries as they're smaller and slightly sweeter than sour Cranberries.
In Russia, Lingonberries are called брусника (brusnika) and are commonly used in a fruit drink called Mors (морс). This is the reference point to Lingonberries for most Russians.
Most people I know think of Ikea when I mention Lingonberry jam. Their Swedish meatballs with Lingonberry is famous worldwide. However, my favorite way to enjoy Lingonberries is with this appetizer, Easy Baked Brie with Lingonberry.
Where Can I Find Lingonberry Sauce?
You can buy Lingonberry sauce at Ikea, but I buy mine at Aldi when they release it closer to Christmas. It is starting to found more commonly in supermarkets. Alternatively you can use Cranberry sauce, which works just the same. I make a homemade Cranberry Sauce with Ginger Ale which tastes great in this baked brie recipe.
How to Serve Baked Brie
My favorite way to enjoy baked brie is part of a Grazing Platter. Here in Australia they are sometimes called Antipasto Platters. A delicious selection of smoked meats, cheeses, crackers, pickled vegetables, nuts and fruits. We often serve it on a large cutting board with the baked brie on the middle. It looks great and completes the look of this rustic meal. You can also serve this as part of a wine and cheese evening. If you can't find brie, you can substitute with camembert cheese.
It barely takes 15 minutes to prepare this dish and has a great wow factor. The gooey cheesiness of this baked brie recipe, mixed with the slightly tart Lingonberries, works perfectly as a festive treat. Perfect with crackers and a glass of wine. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
Baked Brie Recipe with Lingonberry (брусника)
- 1 Brie
- ½ cup Lingonberry Sauce
- garnish with fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice a circle on the top of the brie, knife pointing downwards, creating a hole and an upside down cone of brie. Remove the brie cone lid and set aside.
- Spoon the Lingonberry sauce into the brie until full (leaving some Lingonberry sauce for garnish). Place the brie lid back on and spoon remaining sauce on the brie lid.
- Then place the brie not he baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until cheese starts to melt and bubble.
- Remove from heat, top with fresh chopped rosemary and serve with crackers.