Gotta love a delicious Cherry cheesecake, and if you don't, then we can't be friends! I love all kinds of cheesecakes, and there are many different varieties. New York Baked Cheesecake is one of the recipes most people know, but that takes so much time.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake, is pretty much self explanatory. It's usually made on a crushed graham cracker pie base, but we don't have graham crackers here in Australia. Most Australian recipes will tell you to make a biscuit base - biscuits is what cookies are called here. But what kind of biscuits/cookies? Truthfully it can be any! Common ones are Maria biscuits, Nice, Granita, Anzac or Arrowroot, but Ginger Snaps are probably the family favourite. I've even heard of Tim Tam biscuits being used as a base, and if you don't know what Tim Tams are, google it and try to find some!
But for this recipe, I was quite lazy, and I bought a frozen, pre-made pastry pie shell that I baked in the oven for 10 minutes. This cheesecake recipe is adapted from Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe, but any sweetened condensed milk will work. This is such an easy cheesecake recipe, and you could use any canned pie filling flavour as the topping.
I love Cherry Pie filling, which seems to be quite an American thing, but the blueberry filling is also amazing. Woolworths sells different flavours of pie filling, so this was perfect for my nostalgia fix for desserts from my childhood. If you don't have Vanilla Bean Paste, then just use regular vanilla flavouring.
I usually hate 'cooking' from a can, but this is an exception. Life happens, and sometimes you need quick, easy and delicious dessert, and that's ok. Classic No Bake Cherry Cheesecake. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- 8 oz /250g package cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz /400g can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 8 or 9-inch prepared graham cracker or baked pie crust
- 21 oz /595g can cherry pie filling
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Slowly beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; chill 4 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of chilled cherry pie filling before serving.