I love eating freshly shucked oysters and especially love the different flavors to dress oysters. This Asian Style Oysters Recipe provides a delicious way to enjoy fresh oysters, instead of eating them ‘au naturel’ with plain lemon.
This recipe has Chinese inspired flavours with soy sauce, ginger and chili. However, I’m not sure this method of preparing and eating oysters is traditionally Chinese. So Asian Style Oysters Recipe it is!
I usually buy a dozen oysters and mix them up with various flavors of dressings. Oysters Kilpatrick is my favorite way to eat oysters, grilled in the oven with bacon. But this recipe is a close second! It’s so easy to make and full of flavor, serving this to guests will make you feel like an oyster masterchef. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 12 oysters
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons grated ginger
- ¼ red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced diagonally for garnish
- coarse rock salt for serving
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, red chili pepper and grated ginger together in a bowl.
- Layer the rock salt on a serving plate. Arrange oysters on the plate and drizzle the dressing with a spoon. Garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.