Parmesan Roasted Broccoli & Pine Nuts will be one of the most delicious roasted broccoli side dishes that you will ever make. It’s my kid’s favourite way to eat broccoli.
Personally I hate boiled and steamed broccoli, it’s on equal footing with boiled peas. We often eat Butter Fried Peas as a side dish, and Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce is another family favourite. Healthy vegetables don’t have to taste terrible!
Broccoli is very healthy to eat, some call it one of the world’s healthiest foods. Full of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, calcium and more. The problem is that kids often don’t like eating plain broccoli. Growing up as a kid, I only ate broccoli drowned in cheesy sauce. There are tastier and healthier ways to eat broccoli.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli & Pine Nuts is easy to make with maximum flavour, you can add fresh basil just before serving for extra flavor. It will leave your family asking for more. Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- small handful toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. I didn't wash my broccoli. If you do, then make sure it's fully dry before proceeding.
- Place broccoli on a baking tray. Using your hands, toss with olive oil and sliced garlic and salt until completely coated.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, until the tips of the broccoli start to slightly brown.
- Remove from heat, toss with the lemon juice, grated parmesan and pine nuts and serve immediately. Enjoy