What to do with your leftover turkey carcass? Make a delicious Turkey Broth From Leftover Turkey of course! It’s such a shame to waste turkey leftovers. Plus you get the benefit of the seasoned roasted turkey flavors in your meat.
Now sometimes after Thanksgiving or Christmas, you are in turkey overload, and more turkey is the last thing you want. It’s easy to make this turkey soup stock and pop it into the freezer to have at a later date.
You can make any soup with Turkey Broth From Leftover Turkey. My favorite is to make Russian Shchi Soup with turkey broth, or a family favorite – Turkey Noodle Soup. The longer you allow the turkey bones to simmer, the tastier your soup will be. And we all love tasty soup! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 turkey carcass
- 4 litres of water
- 1 onion, chopped in half
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 carrot, chopped in half
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 sprigs of parsley and thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the turkey carcass in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Break down the carcass if necessary to fit into the pot. Add water, herbs and vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2 hours.
- When broth is done, strain it and remove any turkey pieces that can be chopped and put back into the soup. I usually strain the broth once with a colander to remove the big pieces, then a second time through a cheesecloth for a clear broth. Season to taste.
- Keep broth refrigerated until ready to use.