When mango season is in full swing, I love making various mango food recipes, to use up all the boxes mangoes that I have bought! Mango Tomato Salsa is so easy to make, and the perfect salsa accompaniment with nacho chips.
Ripe mangoes are will add the nicest flavour and sweetness to this snack. If you mangoes are green, you will need to add a teaspoon of sugar, but remember to taste and adjust if necessary.
The jalapeños add a nice spicy kick. If you like spicer salsa, add an extra jalapeño. For a more pickled salsa flavour, add the apple cider vinegar. I love this mango salsa fresca, it makes a delicious and healthy Super Bowl snack!
Mango Tomato Salsa is a different take on regular tomato salsa, with a tropical twist! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 small mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together mango, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld together.