Summertime Bruschetta with Tomato & Basil is an easy appetizer to make, especially during tomato season! That’s when the very tastiest, red ripe tomatoes are available in stores, gardens and farmer’s markets. It’s not to say you can’t enjoy winter tomatoes, but it’s just not the same.
This is ridiculously easy to whip up together, the hardest part is chopping the delicious heirloom tomatoes. Some people like to oil the sliced baguettes before grilling them, but I prefer to generously drizzle the Extra Virgin Olive Oil after they are grilled. I find it’s quicker and easier, and I think raw Olive Oil is healthier and tastes better than baked oil.
Summertime Bruschetta with Tomato & Basil is summer’s best appetizer! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1kg/2lbs ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1 baguette
- Slice the baguette bread diagonally and place on a baking sheet and place under a grill until it starts to very lightly toast. This will only take a few minutes in a hot oven.
- In a bowl, combine all the tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, balsamic vinegar and mix together until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzly Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the toasted baguettes and generously spoon the tomato mixture on top of each piece. Enjoy!