This is the Best Bacon Ranch Salad Dressing & Dip Recipe (made with buttermilk) that I’ve ever made. Sometimes it’s just nice to have a home made salad dressing, one that’s full of flavour, easy to make, and not out of a Kraft salad dressing bottle. Moving to Australia, I sure miss the variety of selection of salad dressings that are available in North America. I’ve even learnt how to make my other favourite, Creamy French Dressing.
In Australia’s defence, we have in the last few years gained a few more varieties of salad dressings, usually driven by store brand offerings in our supermarkets. I think it’s cultural here in Australia, not to drown your salad with a dressing. Many times we’ve been invited to an Aussie’s home for dinner, and the salad is served dry, without dressing. It’s not a mistake, but just how many people prefer to eat a salad here. That’s definitely not me, I am a product of a sauced-up North America.
This Best Bacon Ranch Salad Dressing is easier to make than you would think, and tastier than store-bought varieties. I find it’s easier to use Hormel Real Bacon Pieces, (not bacon bits) in a glass jar from your supermarket, instead of real bacon. It gives the right consistency and smokey flavour to the dressing. You can use real bacon, but needs to be cooked well and evenly. I find this hard to do as some pieces are too chewy, others too burnt, plus the extra bacon fat.
This recipe also doubles as an awesome dip for chopped vegetables, chicken wings, chicken strips, potato wedges, and I even dip my pizza crusts in this sauce. My Best Bacon Ranch Salad Dressing & Dip (made with buttermilk) is super easy to make, rich in flavour, and calories too (but totally worth it). Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced onion
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dill
- 12 teaspoons Hormel Real Bacon Pieces or to taste (about half the 85g/3oz jar)
- Whisk all together except for the bacon bits. You can use an electric mixer, but I just used a whisk and vigorously mixed together in a bowl.
- Add the crumbled bacon bits and mix throughout.
- Best to refrigerate for a few hours before use, but I usually can’t wait and eat it right away! Enjoy!