This is a delicious easy Indian rice made with fried onions and whole spices such as cumin seeds, whole cardamom pods and whole cloves. It only adds a few more minutes to your usual rice making routine but packs so much flavour without overpowering your curry.
You could also just enjoy this as a delicious side, or even eat it on its own. Easy Indian Rice goes perfectly with Butter Chicken or Lamb Korma, which are my 2 favourite curries. I like to use plain white rice when I make this recipe. You can also use Basmati rice using the exact same preparation method.
This is such an easy recipe, you don’t have to be intimidated the next time you prepare an Indian meal. Impress your friends and family at your next dinner party. Don’t use plain rice, my Easy Indian Rice is much tastier! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 2 cups uncooked rice, washed
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon butter to fry
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Fry onion and garlic in butter until opaque and starting to turn slightly golden.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cumin, chilli, turmeric and cardamom and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add onion mixture to a pot filled with washed rice. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stir and put a lid on the rice. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cut coriander and serve with your favourite Indian curry, such as Butter Chicken or Lamb Korma.