Everybody has great memories of kid’s birthday party foods. It seems that Honey Joys are a staple at kids birthday parties and at school fetes, or bake sales. This Honey Joys recipe is super easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
When we moved to Canada, my wife shared this recipe with a few friends and they love it. I think it’s quicker to make than Rice Krispies Squares, with an easier cleanup. This recipe is a Kellogg’s classic recipe, used to be found on the back of the box of your Kellogg’s Corn Flakes. I suppose pre-internet, that’s how cereal companies got us to use their recipes. We have an old Kellogs recipe for Caramel Rice Krispies which the kids also love eating.
The original Honey Joys recipe used 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon honey, but I modified because I love more of a honey taste. This recipe will make 24 individual small cupcakes, which you need to prepare both tins right away (I used 12 jumbo cupcake tins). The corn flake mixture will set quickly, if you bake one cupcake tin at a time, so prepare both.
This classic Australian Honey Joys recipe is always a hit. An quick and easy treat, especially with summer school holidays coming up. I know you’re kids will love it! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 90g butter (6 tablespoons US 15mL measure)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 generous tablespoons honey
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F
- Prepare 24 muffin tins lined with small paper muffin liners/patty pan cases.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, sugar and honey together until frothy
- Add cornflakes to the hot butter mixture and mix until coated.
- Quickly spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake for 10 minutes.