This Monster Cookies recipe is an American classic. If you’ve never heard of them, they’re an oatmeal-peanut butter cookie on steroids, with chocolate chips, and chocolate coated in candy, like Smarties or M&M’s. I have never liked M&M’s, not sure if its the taste of the chocolate, but have always preferred Smarties.
I’ve got great memories of eating these cookies as a teenager. This Monster Cookies recipe belongs to my sister Alla. She would bake giant Monster Cookies, hence the name, and pop them into the freezer to eat when needed. I’d grab a few into my backpack when I went skiing at our local ski hill, as they boosted my energy and I felt full, until I skied to the cafeteria at the bottom of the ski hill!
These cookies freeze really well (in the freezer), as we seem to only know how to make large portions that will feed an army! If you’re going to go through the effort of making cookies, make them last longer than the family eating them all in one sitting! Go big or go home! I promise these delicious monster cookies won’t last long anyways! Bon Appetit! Приятного аппетита!
- 7 eggs
- 1½ cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 3½ cups of white sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups margarine softened
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoon corn syrup*
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups rolled oats.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups Smarties
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper. (the parchment paper worked better for me)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, margarine, peanut butter, corn syrup until evenly mixed.
- Slowly add the baking soda and flour until fully incorporated. Mix in the oats.
- Add the chocolate chips and Smarties mix throughout.
- Using an icecream scoop, drop a scoop onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (you can position smarties and on the top side of the cookie if you want your cookie more staged and colourful, but I couldn't be bothered).
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes until the cookies set before removing them onto a cooling rack.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container or freeze in a Ziploc bag for later!